[Dev] Tizen 3.0 mobile on PR3 bootup status update - Oct 21

Yang Chengwei chengwei.yang at intel.com
Mon Oct 21 08:00:36 GMT 2013

Hi List,

Finally, we've got an image at last friday, and I did try to boot up it
to menu-screen on PR3.

The image I used can be found at
https://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/mobile/tizen_20131018.5/images/mobile/

There are quite a few issues to block us boot into menu-screen, the
final goal of this effort. However, first of all, sdb works out of box
so this page shorter a lot.

Below is a briefly summary of current Tizen 3.0 mobile bootup status on
PR3, and for more details, go to
https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/PTREL-131

Here issues come.

1. The whole user session fails due to Xorg fail to start, known issue
from a month ago, and jira ticket here.
https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/PTREL-52
Also, workarounds can be found there. Hope the package maintainer go and
fix this problem.

2. AMD crash, triggered by messed up slp-pkgmgr, patch can be found at
https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/PTREL-133

3. Messed up slp-pkgmgr, this does break a lot of thing, without fix it,
you can do nothing about package launch, so block starter to launch
pwlock, lockscreen, menu-screen, everything. Patches can be found at
https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/PTREL-134

4. Touch doesn't work, a touch package is missing in the image,
workaround can be found at https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/PTREL-132

After all these workarounds and patches applied, the phone can be boot
into pwlock automatically. However, there isn't a "Next/Finished" button
on pwlock screen, maybe incorrect pwlock installed? So to boot into
menu-screen, one need do
  1) kill pwlock, in fact, optional but why not giving it's hang there
  2) change boot sequence
     # vconftool set -t int memory/starter/sequence 1 -f

Finally, menu-screen shows up and only one core app installed here,
that's "settings".

Please package maintainers go and review these block issues.

--
Thanks,
Chengwei