[Dev] pulseaudio update to Tizen 3.0

Uimonen, Jaska jaska.uimonen at intel.com
Mon Oct 21 09:57:45 GMT 2013

Hello All,

We are about to update new pulseaudio 4.0+ in Tizen 3.0.

This is done because we have requirements in IVI for
bluez5 update and that requires also pulseaudio update.
There should not be any API breakage for pulseaudio.

The idea is to forcibly update both upstream and tizen
branches. I see no point in reviewing the upstream changes
and most of the patches on top of upstream are old ones,
so reviewed already.

The structure of the git tree will be:

- cleaned up set of old samsung and intel tizen patches ending at: HEAD
- 18 new bluez5 patches for hfp ending at: sha1 0d4921f3cec23efe775443b328e5
- upstream master at: sha1 b402f9e01f84bd77a640dc1

There has been audio testing to avoid regressions with the update:
- Vivian Zhang has made very basic testing for mobile
- IVI QA has tested audio cases without finding any obvious regression

If you want to see the new pulseaudio tree, it can be found from the devel branch.
If you have questions, objections or worries, please let me know asap.

br,
Jaska Uimonen
Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki