[Dev] Tizen 3.0 : Optimizing applications launch time

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Mon Oct 21 14:39:05 GMT 2013

On 21.10.2013 13:51, Stéphane Desneux wrote:
> ABRT seems to be able to download the debuginfos on the fly to produce
> more meaningfull dumps. But for Tizen it's probably not a good idea as
> we don't want to fill the user device with debug files !

It should be only enabled in developer mode / engineering images, not
for final products.

> I wonder if the crashreporter can produce correct reports with partially
> stripped binaries: I mean we could strip the .debug_info section
> (responsible for the extra weight) but keep the other symbols to have
> meaningful backtraces. i.e running 'strip --strip-debug' instead of
> 'strip --strip-all'.

Just as with normal core dumps, crashreporter should only report the
address info, it shouldn't try to resolve symbols. And then when
analyzing the crash you can have the symbol information available. This
is normal way on other platforms too.