[Dev] dlogutil breakage

sangjung.woo sangjung.woo at samsung.com
Mon Oct 21 23:48:19 GMT 2013

On 10/22/2013 08:33 AM, Rusty Lynch wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-10-21 at 16:23 -0700, Rusty Lynch wrote:
>> Today I am noticing a new issue with dlogutil, where attempts to run the
>> utility fail with an error saying it can no longer open /dev/log_main.
>>
>> The file isn't there, but i haven't had a kernel update.  Can somebody
>> shed some light on what might cause this?  I see the dlog-main.service
>> and dlog-radio.service are in failure states, but I don't know if that
>> was true before.
> Answered my own question.  I'm not sure what changed but the logger
> module isn't being loaded any more at least with the ivi kernel.

In order to enable the logger module (i.e. Android log driver),
the Kernel configuration has "CONFIG_ANDROID_LOGGER" option.
You can enable it using "make munuconfig" or edit .config file by yourself.
(Find "ANDROID_LOGGER" in munuconfig using "/" option.)

The logger module located in 'drivers/staging/android' of Linux Kernel
so check whether the the logger.c file in this directory is complied or
not after building the ivi Kernel.

Cheers,
Sangjung