[Dev] Some patches in gerrit have been force pushed without care about comments

Zhang, Qiang Z qiang.z.zhang at intel.com
Tue Oct 22 04:03:34 GMT 2013

Hi all,

I found one patch [1] for pciutils has been force pushed using ’git command‘, but there’s a review -1 before that. That means:
- the comment and -1 are valid, and the code can’t be submitted to OBS even force pushed to git.
- developer has not follow patches accept rules using gerrit, we only allow to accept patch using webui, instead of using git to force push.
- The developer should have received an email, which contains the detail error and how to reproduce and fix, once fixed developer need resubmit again the patch, instead of force push.
- Jenkins script does not give these error message to gerrit commit, which will be refined in Jenkins script. I have already confirmed with Jenkins script maintainer(Lin).

We need guide our developer/maintainer to learn again about development workflow and take care of necessary email and comments.

For this pciutils issue, We have reported a bug[2] to track.

[1] https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/c/10935/
[2] https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/TIVI-2022

Thanks
Qiang