[Dev] dlogutil breakage

Rusty Lynch rusty.lynch at intel.com
Tue Oct 22 15:48:21 GMT 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-22 at 09:10 +0200, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
> It was <2013-10-22 wto 07:38>, when juho son wrote:
> > On 10/22/2013 01:58 PM, Ylinen, Mikko wrote:

> >> https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/c/10927/
> >>
> >> How about we enable libdlog output to journal?
> >
> > Journal logging system have big problems to apply our system directly.
> > Journald have been having HIGH cpu usage.(of course having power
> > consumption problem)
> >
> > Many developers have to change their log and learn about journal.
> > of course we could change only libdlog output to journal,
> > It's just alternative code. Finally we should change all log to journal.
> > so not to easy.
>
> Compiling libdlog with systemd journal as a backend is in my opinion
> enough for most developers.

Ok, thanks for the explanations.

We could add a %bcond macro to the libdlog spec file to enable/disable
adding/removing this compile time option using a build system config
entry, and have it default to the current setting.

This will allow individuals and experimental OBS build targets to turn
on journal logging without having to modify the code.  After the tizen
3.0 codebase has recovered from the mass 2.2 induced breakage, and we
can make meaningful observations that turning on journaling not
negatively effecting the system, then we can just flip a config bit in
the mobile and ivi build configs.

    --rusty