[Dev] dlogutil breakage

juho son juho80.son at samsung.com
Wed Oct 23 01:27:14 GMT 2013

On 10/23/2013 12:48 AM, Rusty Lynch wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-10-22 at 09:10 +0200, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
>> It was <2013-10-22 wto 07:38>, when juho son wrote:

>>> Journal logging system have big problems to apply our system directly.
>>> Journald have been having HIGH cpu usage.(of course having power
>>> consumption problem)
>>>
>>> Many developers have to change their log and learn about journal.
>>> of course we could change only libdlog output to journal,
>>> It's just alternative code. Finally we should change all log to journal.
>>> so not to easy.
>> Compiling libdlog with systemd journal as a backend is in my opinion
>> enough for most developers.
> Ok, thanks for the explanations.
>
> We could add a %bcond macro to the libdlog spec file to enable/disable
> adding/removing this compile time option using a build system config
> entry, and have it default to the current setting.
>
> This will allow individuals and experimental OBS build targets to turn
> on journal logging without having to modify the code.  After the tizen
> 3.0 codebase has recovered from the mass 2.2 induced breakage, and we
> can make meaningful observations that turning on journaling not
> negatively effecting the system, then we can just flip a config bit in
> the mobile and ivi build configs.
>
>      --rusty

dlog package have already similar macro in dlog spec file.
--without-systemd-journal
If you want to change back-end to journal, change like this "
--with-systemd-journal ".
It could redirect the log to journal in libdlog.
If you want to add the different configuration of each profile,
you could add the macro in spec file like this

example)
%if ("%{profile config variable}" == "profile config")
--with-systemd-journal
else
--without-systemd-journal
%endif

actually I don't know the variable of profile configuration and ivi
profile in spec.
so you could add after get the exact that name from SCM.

  thank you