[Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 18)

ANUJ MISHRA mishra.anuj at samsung.com
Wed Oct 23 02:42:18 GMT 2013


Dear Jinkun, 

Do we have exact list of packages which needs to be merged with latest code from 2.2 branch? If this is the case, we can 
contact individual maintainer to do the merge. 

Regards, 
Anuj 


------- Original Message -------
Sender : Jinkun Jang<jinkun.jang at samsung.com> S4/Engineer/System S/W Lab./Samsung Electronics
Date : Oct 23, 2013 10:50 (GMT+09:00)
Title : Re: Re: RE: [Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 18)

There is snapshot that contain image:
http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/rd-pq/tizen_20131022.3/images/RD-
PQ/

This image does not have specific RD-PQ packages.
It has same packages with PR3.
At yesterday, I added new patterns, mobile-osp.yaml and rd-pq-adatation.yaml, which include some packages for RD-PQ.
For a while, I will modify the pattern and create the image with them for RD-PQ
If it's packages will be pretty similar tizen 2.2's packages, then my team will test it.


In order to fix build errors, some pacakges need to merge with lastest code.
Now, some packages can find the api in libnotification and related packages with notification like appsvc have to do.
Dear Michael and Jerry
Could you re-notify to merge tizen 2.2 code to 3.0 git tree?

Thanks
Jinkun Jang


------- Original Message -------
Sender : ANUJ MISHRA<mishra.anuj at samsung.com> S5/Senior Engineer/Service Platform Group/Samsung Electronics
Date : 2013-10-23 09:50 (GMT+09:00)
Title : Re: RE: [Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 18)

We are now back to square one with more new packages are failing now. From yesterday's list only osp-messaging & osp-connectivity-service packages are fixed. But we added more into failied packages list. Request to maintainers please seriously have a look into these failures asap. 

apps.CertificateSelector 
*data-provider-master 
*media-server 
*mobileap-agent 
*org.tizen.sat-ui 
*org.tizen.volume 
osp-app-controls 
osp-appwidget-service 
osp-common-service 
*osp-face 
osp-web 
*system-server 
wrt 

All * packages are new entrants in the failed list. Apprently, the build log does not reflect the actual cause of failure in most of the packages. 

Regards, 
Anuj 


------- Original Message -------
Sender : Karur Mohan, Prajwal
Date : Oct 23, 2013 05:27 (GMT+09:00)
Title : RE: [Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 18)

I have fixed the issues and images are now building again. 
Thanks,
Praj

-----Original Message-----
From: Kanevskiy, Alexander 
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:34 AM
To: Liu, Bing Wei; Ding, Jian-feng; Lynch, Rusty; Karur Mohan, Prajwal; Saxena, Sunil; '?????????'; Jinkun; ANUJ MISHRA; Jerry Ju; Dong, Junfeng
Cc: Tizen Dev
Subject: Re: [Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 18)

On 10/22/13 18:12 , "Liu, Bing Wei" wrote:

>Despite the remaining build issues, is there an OSP image available for 
>Samsung device (PD-RQ)?

There is snapshot that contain image:
http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/rd-pq/tizen_20131022.3/images/RD-
PQ/


However, I'm not sure if anybody testing it.


PS. 
http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/rd-pq/tizen_20131022.5/images/RD-
PQ/
seems to be broken again because of changes in patterns that were merged without proper testing.


> 
>- Bingwei
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Ding, Jian-feng
>> Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:15 PM
>> To: Liu, Bing Wei; Lynch, Rusty; Karur Mohan, Prajwal; Saxena, Sunil;  
>>'?????????'; Jinkun; ANUJ MISHRA; Jerry Ju; Dong, Junfeng; Ding, 
>>Jian-feng;  Kanevskiy, Alexander
>> Cc: Tizen Dev
>> Subject: Re: [Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 18)
>> 
>> (Because Bingwei is in travel for training, I help him to record the
>>minutes)
>> 
>> Notes of 2013-10-22(Tue) meeting:
>> 
>> * Mobile packages issues:
>> 
>>   - Junfeng: there are still several osp-* application packages with 
>>build
>>     failures, and she has sent out the list
>>   - Most of them are fixed already but not submitted to OBS
>>   - face-engine is necessary for Mobile iamge, need to include it in 3.0
>>     branch from 2.2 branch
>> 
>>   - Chengwei's mail to summary the pending issues for RP3 mobile 
>>image  booting
>>     Mail subject: [Dev] Tizen 3.0 mobile on PR3 bootup status update 
>>- Oct
>> 21
>> 
>> * IVI packages issues:
>> 
>>   - Rusty: most of the issues are common with Mobile, which are fixed 
>>as  well
>>   - Working on the "wrt-installer + osp-installer" issue, need to 
>>several  patches to
>>     resolve it, pending on reviewing
>>   - tricky issues of wrt-installer installation path, in debugging
>> 
>> * BRO issues
>>   - Rusty: why so many green (build successful status) packages in 
>>current
>>     Tizen:IVI:build project?
>>     Junfeng: because the packages are not configured as links, not 
>>related  to
>>     SR acceptance process
>>   - Time window to accept multiple SRs which are related to each 
>>other,  need
>>     more discussion in the mail thread
>> 
>> 
>> thanks
>> - jf.ding
>> 
>> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 06:58:23AM +0000, Liu, Bing Wei wrote:
>> >  ?      Why the daily meeting - already elaborated in Rusty's email
>> below
>> >  ?      Roles in the taskforce
>> >         ?       Mobile leads: Jerry Ju (Samsung), Junfeng Dong (Intel)
>> >         ?       IVI lead: Rusty Lynch (Intel)
>> >         ?       BRO leads: Jinkun Jang (Samsung), Praj M. Karur /
>> Jian-feng Ding (Intel)
>> >  ?      Goals of the taskforce
>> >         ?       Mobile: basically functional images (OSP & Web apps
>> can launch)
>> >         ?       IVI: back to normal, esp. able to run web runtime as
>> before
>> >  ?      Standing agenda
>> >         ?       Raise blocker issues
>> >         ?       Report-out from Mobile leads / IVI lead
>> >                 ?       What have been fixed since the last meeting
>> >                 ?       What fixes are pending for gerrit review, or
>> merge, or gbs submission, or OBS acceptance
>> >                 ?       What issues are still outstanding
>> >         ?       Report-out from BRO leads
>> >                 ?       Mobile/IVI image quality status
>> >                 ?       Which packages were rejected or revoked and
>> why
>> >  ?      Meeting frequency
>> >         ?       Continue to meet every day next week and change the
>> frequency based on progress
>> >  ?      Pattern issues
>> >         ?       Release engineers should not simply decline SRs
>> because of building issues. Sometimes several SRs should be accepted 
>> together to function
>> >         ?       When forking a common package to profile specific and
>> add new APIs, other common packages should not call the new APIs only 
>> provided by the profile specific package
>> >         ?       Maintainers should review pending patches actively and
>> remember to merge and "gbs submit" because only maintainers have the 
>> access right to do so.
>> >         ?       Too many backend emails sent to maintainers, which
>> overwhelm the real valuable reminder that call for maintainers' 
>>actions
>>--
>> need BRO team to provide a better solution
>> >  ?      Outstanding issues
>> >         ?       Mobile
>> >                 ?       gcc change yesterday caused the build issues
>> of gdb (need re-trigger gdb build)
>> >                 ?       wrt failed to build (calling for an API that
>>does
>> not exist)
>> >                 ?       some OSP packages have build failure
>> >  §              - Looks link build issue again that happened to other
>> OSP packages before
>> >                 §       - cannot be reproduced in local build
>> >  §              - someone in Samsung fixed other OSP pkgs by
>> modifying pkgconfig
>> >                         - should evaluate if the solution can be
>>applied
>> to the fail OSP pkgs; Junfeng to follow up
>> >         ?       IVI
>> >                 ?       wrt-installer requires for osp-installer
>> >                 ?       Rusty encountered some segfaults in the
>> image that may hit mobile soon. Rusty will report out offline
>> >  ?      Issue tracking method
>> >         ?       Always file outstanding issues on tizen.org JIRA
>> >         ?       Content issue --> Tizen Release
>> (https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/PTREL)
>> >         ?       Infrastructure issues --> Tizen Infrastructure
>> (https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/TINF)
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Bingwei Liu
>> >
>> >
>> > > -----Original Message-----
>> > > From: Lynch, Rusty
>> > > Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 7:58 AM
>> > > To: Liu, Bing Wei; Karur Mohan, Prajwal; Saxena, Sunil; Michael 
>> > > Kim; jinkun.jang at samsung.com; ANUJ MISHRA; ???; Dong, Junfeng
>> > > Cc: Tizen Dev
>> > > Subject: Kicking off a daily report-out meeting for shared Tizen 
>> > > 3.0 components
>> > >
>> > > As everyone actively working on Tizen 3.0 today should know, the 
>> > > state of shared Tizen 3.0 components is a bit of a mess today 
>> > > since the start of merging all the Tizen 3.0 code.  We will 
>> > > definitely seize this opportunity to fine tune our process to 
>> > > ensure we have smother transitions in the future, but for the 
>> > > immiedate future we need to quickly get the shared packages in a 
>> > > functional, well known
>>state.
>> > >
>> > > Agenda:
>> > >
>> > > * Start with a quick discussion on why we are setting up a daily 
>> > > meeting
>> > >
>> > > * Define roles
>> > >   - Mobile Leads
>> > >   - IVI Leads
>> > >   - BRO Leads
>> > >
>> > > * Define what the standing agenda:
>> > >   - All raise any blocking issues
>> > >   - Mobile Leads should report out on...
>> > >      * List what items where fixed since the last meeting, and of 
>> > > those what items are still:
>> > >         - pending gerrit reviews
>> > >         - merged but not submitted
>> > >         - submitted but not accepted in OBS yet
>> > >         - available in the build
>> > >      * List the known issues being worked and potentially ask for 
>> > > help on those items
>> > >   - IVI Leads should report out on...
>> > >     * Follow the same reporting format as mobile, adding 
>> > > additional items not covered along with ivi specific breakage 
>> > > caused by the shared components
>> > >   - BRO Leads should report out on...
>> > >      * Describe the basic health of the mobile and ivi images
>> > >          - Do we have bootable images?
>> > >          - Do the various prelaunch daemons run?
>> > >          - Can we launch web/osp/efl apps?
>> > >      * Report out on what packages were rejected or revoked and why
>> > >         - Find an owner to fix the issues resulting in the 
>> > > reject/revoke
>> > >
>> >
>> 
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > Dev mailing list
>> > Dev at lists.tizen.org
>> > https://lists.tizen.org/listinfo/dev
>
>


--
Best regards, Alexander Kanevskiy. 


----------------------------------------------------------------- 
Jinkun Jang 
Engineer

System S/W Lab.
Software R&D Center
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. 
TEL : 82-31-279-7689 
MOBILE : 82-10-9210-7689 
e-mail : jinkun.jang at samsung.com  
----------------------------------------------------------------- 


More information about the Dev mailing list