[Dev] Qt in Tizen - project proposal

Kim, Yoonsoo yesarang.kim at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 10:21:39 GMT 2013

Dear Jaroslaw,

Thanks for your clarification.
But it's still vague what optionality means in your context.

IMO, optional library(or feature) in compliance is quite different
from downloadable and upgradable library. Optional feature means that
if one manufacturer chooses to support the feature, the feature
implementation should be compliant to the related compliance
specification. But if you want to make Qt downloadable and upgradable
as a separate package, it should be dependent only on publicly
available API in each profile.

I guess that current Qt implementation is dependent on various core
components which are not officially available to applications.

If my guess is right, you are thinking that Qt should be an optional
feature in some profile's compliance specification, aren't you?

Could you clarify more clearly what you mean by "add-on, optional
packages" to discuss this matter more effectively? or do you just want
to see Qt is supported on Tizen in one way or another?

BR,

---
Yoonsoo Kim, Tizen Platform Architect
Mobile R&D Office,