[Dev] WRT packages Status

Baptiste DURAND baptiste.durand at eurogiciel.fr
Wed Oct 23 16:14:50 GMT 2013

Hi all,

I already send a email in ivi mailling list. As Joel Clark indicated to
me, my email probably concerns all profiles.

ail_initdb is not in the image at least for ivi image.

Please note that if this binary is not present, the initialisation of
main wrt database can not be done.

This is a consequence of a pakcage split done on ail package.
(side effect of commit 86efd85c5f42352e2717728ae4d12d46899f4933 in ail
component.)

There is two package libail & ail . Only the first one is installed.

I don't know why this package was splitted. There is certainly a good
reason that I don't understand.

In my opinion,  ail_initdb should be installed with the library libail.
We can't use this library if we do not initialize the database with
ail_initdb.

My suggetions : add ail package in WRT packages group in ks file. or
revert *partially* the commit 86efd85c5f42352e2717728ae4d12d46899f4933
(ail componeents) . there is a clean of other field in spec file

Concerning the issue that we observed in IVI:

-> ail_initdb should be executed as root.
-> Some *obscure* permisssion issue occurs on database .app_info.db.
during the IVI shell start up.
app user should have the permission to acess to this database, because
the IVI application at start up is launched as USER by
/usr/lib/systemd/user/ico-*.service

Please note that I file a bug concerning the wrt-installer issue related
to plugins:
https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/TIVI-2027: all profiles should be
impacted.

BR,