[Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 24)

Liu, Bing Wei bing.wei.liu at intel.com
Thu Oct 24 05:15:52 GMT 2013

Notes of Oct. 24
=============
* Attendees
  Intel: Sunil, Rusty, Praj, Junfeng, Qiang, Chengwei, Quanxian, Bingwei
  Samsung: Anuj, Jinkun, Jerry
* Mobile
  Progress
    - failed+unresolved packages down to 10 (for both IA and ARM)
    - OSP images can generate
  Outstanding issues
    1. wrt build failure was the most critical one
		* update - it now builds successfully after Rusty's submission while we are meeting
    2. bluetooth-frwk failed to build in the Build project, gating other submissions
	    * Release engineers are investigating
    3. sometimes packages can local-build successfully but fail to build in Tizen:Mobile:Build
	  * different qemu versions used in local build and OBS build environment cause inconsistence
         - AR: Junfeng to work with BRO team on this
      * snapshot repo only represents Tizen:Mobile status not Tizen:Mobile:Build
         - suggest developers to also use the liverepo of Mobile:Build as local build target
         - AR: Qiang to provide detailed instructions.
     4. OSP image for Samsung RD-PQ device still missing some pkgs for booting up
       - Samsung RE team is working on this and will keep updated
     5. Mobile has been using a forked EFL package set which caused lots of issues
       - web runtime components has some dependency on APIs which are not upstreamed
       - IVI team worked around the issues by commenting out related calls
       - should modify the commented codes to either use upstream APIs or try to push the APIs to upstream EFL 1.8
       - the immediate goal is to have Mobile use the same EFL pkg set with IVI (1.7.7); then move to 1.8 together
          - AR: Quanxian to work on this
* IVI
  cannot use pre-launcher to launch web apps
  Rusty would like to see if Mobile image will hit the same issues once booting up
* Emulator image
  It's important for developers to debug when without mobile devices
  Praj will enable it