[Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 24)

Zhang, Qiang Z qiang.z.zhang at intel.com
Thu Oct 24 14:53:32 GMT 2013


    3. sometimes packages can local-build successfully but fail to build in Tizen:Mobile:Build
	  * different qemu versions used in local build and OBS build environment cause inconsistence
         - AR: Junfeng to work with BRO team on this
      * snapshot repo only represents Tizen:Mobile status not Tizen:Mobile:Build
         - suggest developers to also use the liverepo of Mobile:Build as local build target
         - AR: Qiang to provide detailed instructions.

[Qiang] Take Tizen:Mobile as an example, once developer submit SR, the package will be submitted to project Tizen:Mobile:Build for building.

In general, developer can use gbs local full build checking before submit, the remote repo recommended used is http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/rd-pq/latest/, which is synced from http://download.tizen.org/live/Tizen:/Mobile/, but sometime it's not synced, as sync repo need to be triggerd by OBS event and also need time to sync complete.

So, If build successfully using gbs, and failed in OBS, so please try to use OBS project live repo instead, and try to reproduce the same error with OBS:

- Build failed on Tizen:Mobile, please use OBS live repo: http://download.tizen.org/live/Tizen:/Mobile/arm/ , corresponding gbs command:
 $ gbs build --skip-repos -R http://download.tizen.org/live/Tizen:/Mobile/arm/ -A armv7l --clean-repos -D <path/to/build.conf>
- Build failed on Tizen:Mobile:Build please use OBS live repo: 
 $ gbs build --skip-repos -R http://download.tizen.org/live/Tizen:/Mobile:/build/arm/ -A armv7l --clean-repos <path/to/build.conf>

Note: build.conf can be downloaded from snapshot repo: http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/rd-pq/latest/builddata/xxx-build.conf

Above gbs command is the same as what OBS build does.


Thanks
Qiang



-----Original Message-----
From: dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org [mailto:dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org] On Behalf Of Liu, Bing Wei
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:16 PM
To: Saxena, Sunil; '김원국' (wk94.kim at samsung.com); Lynch, Rusty
Cc: Tizen Dev
Subject: [Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 24)

Notes of Oct. 24
=============
* Attendees
  Intel: Sunil, Rusty, Praj, Junfeng, Qiang, Chengwei, Quanxian, Bingwei
  Samsung: Anuj, Jinkun, Jerry
* Mobile
  Progress
    - failed+unresolved packages down to 10 (for both IA and ARM)
    - OSP images can generate
  Outstanding issues
    1. wrt build failure was the most critical one
		* update - it now builds successfully after Rusty's submission while we are meeting
    2. bluetooth-frwk failed to build in the Build project, gating other submissions
	    * Release engineers are investigating
    3. sometimes packages can local-build successfully but fail to build in Tizen:Mobile:Build
	  * different qemu versions used in local build and OBS build environment cause inconsistence
         - AR: Junfeng to work with BRO team on this
      * snapshot repo only represents Tizen:Mobile status not Tizen:Mobile:Build
         - suggest developers to also use the liverepo of Mobile:Build as local build target
         - AR: Qiang to provide detailed instructions. 
     4. OSP image for Samsung RD-PQ device still missing some pkgs for booting up
       - Samsung RE team is working on this and will keep updated
     5. Mobile has been using a forked EFL package set which caused lots of issues
       - web runtime components has some dependency on APIs which are not upstreamed
       - IVI team worked around the issues by commenting out related calls
       - should modify the commented codes to either use upstream APIs or try to push the APIs to upstream EFL 1.8
       - the immediate goal is to have Mobile use the same EFL pkg set with IVI (1.7.7); then move to 1.8 together
          - AR: Quanxian to work on this
* IVI
  cannot use pre-launcher to launch web apps
  Rusty would like to see if Mobile image will hit the same issues once booting up
* Emulator image
  It's important for developers to debug when without mobile devices
  Praj will enable it


> -----Original Message-----
> From: dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org [mailto:dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org] 
> On Behalf Of Liu, Bing Wei
> Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:42 PM
> To: Tizen Dev
> Subject: [Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 23)
> 
> Notes of Oct. 23
> =============
> * Attendees
>   Intel: Sunil, Rusty, Jian-feng, Qiang, Chengwei, Bingwei
>   Samsung: Anuj
> * Mobile
>   Issue #1: multiple packages can local-build successfully but failed 
> to build in Tizen:Mobile:Build
>   - poisonous packages in the Build project that affected others
>     AR: Release engineers should triage the poison pkgs and notify 
> maintainers to fix
>     In the future, need to define the consequence for poisonous packages
>   - some developers used the incorrect snapshot for local build
>     AR: BRO team to clarify which snapshot should developers use
>   Open: Is it possible to make the repo of Mobile:Build accessible to 
> developers for debugging?
>   Mobile images for Samsung RD-PQ and Intel PR3 are available for 
> functional debugging
> 	Will start to track functional issues tomorrow
> * IVI
>   All pending patches for web runtime are merged and SRed.
>   IVI:Build project configuration is different with Mobile:Build 
> (still
> rebuilding)
>   Rusty tried the image built locally but the web stack cannot launch
> * Generic
>   Different version of EFL pkgs for Mobile and IVI are causing 
> troubles (details in Rusty's email)
>   - should consider upgrading EFL to 1.8 first (need test with IVI)
>   - then remove the forked EFL packages under /profile/mobile/ to 
> enforce Mobile moving to the new EFL
>   PTREL-135 documents all missing APIs in wrt (for elementary and
> wrt-runtime)
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Ding, Jian-feng
> > Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:15 PM
> > To: Liu, Bing Wei; Lynch, Rusty; Karur Mohan, Prajwal; Saxena, 
> > Sunil; '?????????'; Jinkun; ANUJ MISHRA; Jerry Ju; Dong, Junfeng; 
> > Ding, Jian-feng; Kanevskiy, Alexander
> > Cc: Tizen Dev
> > Subject: [Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 22)
> >
> > (Because Bingwei is in travel for training, I help him to record the
> > minutes)
> >
> > Notes of 2013-10-22(Tue) meeting:
> >
> > * Mobile packages issues:
> >
> >   - Junfeng: there are still several osp-* application packages with build
> >     failures, and she has sent out the list
> >   - Most of them are fixed already but not submitted to OBS
> >   - face-engine is necessary for Mobile iamge, need to include it in 3.0
> >     branch from 2.2 branch
> >
> >   - Chengwei's mail to summary the pending issues for RP3 mobile 
> > image booting
> >     Mail subject: [Dev] Tizen 3.0 mobile on PR3 bootup status update 
> > - Oct
> > 21
> >
> > * IVI packages issues:
> >
> >   - Rusty: most of the issues are common with Mobile, which are 
> > fixed as well
> >   - Working on the "wrt-installer + osp-installer" issue, need to 
> > several patches to
> >     resolve it, pending on reviewing
> >   - tricky issues of wrt-installer installation path, in debugging
> >
> > * BRO issues
> >   - Rusty: why so many green (build successful status) packages in current
> >     Tizen:IVI:build project?
> >     Junfeng: because the packages are not configured as links, not 
> > related to
> >     SR acceptance process
> >   - Time window to accept multiple SRs which are related to each 
> > other, need
> >     more discussion in the mail thread
> >
> >
> > thanks
> > - jf.ding
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 06:58:23AM +0000, Liu, Bing Wei wrote:
> > Subject: [Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 18)
> > >  1. Why the daily meeting - already elaborated in Rusty's email 
> > > below  2. Roles in the taskforce
> > >         •       Mobile leads: Jerry Ju (Samsung), Junfeng Dong (Intel)
> > >         •       IVI lead: Rusty Lynch (Intel)
> > >         •       BRO leads: Jinkun Jang (Samsung), Praj M. Karur /
> > Jian-feng Ding (Intel)
> > >  3. Goals of the taskforce
> > >         •       Mobile: basically functional images (OSP & Web apps
> > can launch)
> > >         •       IVI: back to normal, esp. able to run web runtime as
> > before
> > >  4. Standing agenda
> > >         •       Raise blocker issues
> > >         •       Report-out from Mobile leads / IVI lead
> > >                 •       What have been fixed since the last meeting
> > >                 •       What fixes are pending for gerrit review, or
> > merge, or gbs submission, or OBS acceptance
> > >                 •       What issues are still outstanding
> > >         •       Report-out from BRO leads
> > >                 •       Mobile/IVI image quality status
> > >                 •       Which packages were rejected or revoked
> and
> > why
> > >  5. Meeting frequency
> > >         •       Continue to meet every day next week and change
> the
> > frequency based on progress
> > >  6. Pattern issues
> > >         •       Release engineers should not simply decline SRs
> > because of building issues. Sometimes several SRs should be accepted 
> > together to function
> > >         •       When forking a common package to profile specific
> and
> > add new APIs, other common packages should not call the new APIs 
> > only provided by the profile specific package
> > >         •       Maintainers should review pending patches actively
> and
> > remember to merge and "gbs submit" because only maintainers have the 
> > access right to do so.
> > >         •       Too many backend emails sent to maintainers, which
> > overwhelm the real valuable reminder that call for maintainers'
> > actions -- need BRO team to provide a better solution
> > >  7. Outstanding issues
> > >         •       Mobile
> > >                 •       gcc change yesterday caused the build issues
> > of gdb (need re-trigger gdb build)
> > >                 •       wrt failed to build (calling for an API that
> does
> > not exist)
> > >                 •       some OSP packages have build failure
> > >  §              - Looks link build issue again that happened to other
> > OSP packages before
> > >                 §       - cannot be reproduced in local build
> > >  §              - someone in Samsung fixed other OSP pkgs by
> > modifying pkgconfig
> > >                         - should evaluate if the solution can be 
> > > applied
> > to the fail OSP pkgs; Junfeng to follow up
> > >         •       IVI
> > >                 •       wrt-installer requires for osp-installer
> > >                 •       Rusty encountered some segfaults in the
> > image that may hit mobile soon. Rusty will report out offline
> > >  8. Issue tracking method
> > >         •       Always file outstanding issues on tizen.org JIRA
> > >         •       Content issue --> Tizen Release
> > (https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/PTREL)
> > >         •       Infrastructure issues --> Tizen Infrastructure
> > (https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/TINF)
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Bingwei Liu
> > >
> > >
> > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > From: Lynch, Rusty
> > > > Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 7:58 AM
> > > > To: Liu, Bing Wei; Karur Mohan, Prajwal; Saxena, Sunil; Michael 
> > > > Kim; jinkun.jang at samsung.com; ANUJ MISHRA; 주현구; Dong,
> Junfeng
> > > > Cc: Tizen Dev
> > > > Subject: Kicking off a daily report-out meeting for shared Tizen
> > > > 3.0 components
> > > >
> > > > As everyone actively working on Tizen 3.0 today should know, the 
> > > > state of shared Tizen 3.0 components is a bit of a mess today 
> > > > since the start of merging all the Tizen 3.0 code.  We will 
> > > > definitely seize this opportunity to fine tune our process to 
> > > > ensure we have smother transitions in the future, but for the 
> > > > immiedate future we need to quickly get the shared packages in a
> functional, well known state.
> > > >
> > > > Agenda:
> > > >
> > > > * Start with a quick discussion on why we are setting up a daily 
> > > > meeting
> > > >
> > > > * Define roles
> > > >   - Mobile Leads
> > > >   - IVI Leads
> > > >   - BRO Leads
> > > >
> > > > * Define what the standing agenda:
> > > >   - All raise any blocking issues
> > > >   - Mobile Leads should report out on...
> > > >      * List what items where fixed since the last meeting, and 
> > > > of those what items are still:
> > > >         - pending gerrit reviews
> > > >         - merged but not submitted
> > > >         - submitted but not accepted in OBS yet
> > > >         - available in the build
> > > >      * List the known issues being worked and potentially ask 
> > > > for help on those items
> > > >   - IVI Leads should report out on...
> > > >     * Follow the same reporting format as mobile, adding 
> > > > additional items not covered along with ivi specific breakage 
> > > > caused by the shared components
> > > >   - BRO Leads should report out on...
> > > >      * Describe the basic health of the mobile and ivi images
> > > >          - Do we have bootable images?
> > > >          - Do the various prelaunch daemons run?
> > > >          - Can we launch web/osp/efl apps?
> > > >      * Report out on what packages were rejected or revoked and
> why
> > > >         - Find an owner to fix the issues resulting in the 
> > > > reject/revoke
> > > >
> > >
> >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Dev mailing list
> > > Dev at lists.tizen.org
> > > https://lists.tizen.org/listinfo/dev
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Dev mailing list
> Dev at lists.tizen.org
> https://lists.tizen.org/listinfo/dev
_______________________________________________
Dev mailing list
Dev at lists.tizen.org
https://lists.tizen.org/listinfo/dev


More information about the Dev mailing list