[Dev] Tizen 3.0 : Optimizing applications launch time

Peters, Brad T brad.t.peters at intel.com
Thu Oct 24 18:42:44 GMT 2013

Hi Stéphane,

I'm a fervent believer in first-crash data capture, especially when you're
environment is
unstable to begin with (ie 3.0). Installing debug packages after the fact
requires
reproducing the issue, which may or may not happen and wastes time.

That said, it looks like 3.0 binaries are already partially stripped (check
out this patch:
https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=platform/upstream/rpm.git;a=commit;h=343c985ee3f8e027386fec73da1c63f827e48a03)

For 2.x, perhaps we could back-port this patch.

I recommend opening a bug for 2.2 and one for 2.1. We should definitely be
stripping binaries there,
even if retaining symbol information as with that patch

--
Best regards,
Brad Peters