[Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 25)

Liu, Bing Wei bing.wei.liu at intel.com
Fri Oct 25 05:14:33 GMT 2013


Notes of Oct. 25
=============
* Attendees
  Intel: Sunil, Rusty, Praj, Junfeng, Qiang, Chengwei, Bingwei
  Samsung: Anuj

* Mobile
  Build status
    - good progress in the last two days; only 5 build failure packages left
	  apps.CertificateSelector, livebox.web-provider, mobileap-agent, osp-appwidget-service, osp-web
	  AR: maintainers need to continue working on them
    - Issue: sdbd has a runtime dependence problem, which blocks IA image creation
	  the right git path for sdbd should be platform/core/system/sdbd, but two weeks ago it was overrided by sdk/target/sdbd
	  AR: Praj to disable the git-OBS mapping from sdk/target/sdbd to Tizen projects
      AR: BRO team to review if there are other cases where 2.2 packages directly map to 3.0 OBS project
	- qemu issue for local build has a verified solution and just needs to be deployed (TINF-317)
      AR: Praj to deploy and notify the mailing list
  Image function status
	- PTREL-136 (blocker issue)
	  The content merged from tizen 2.2 assumed that the 2.2 SMACK domains still exist, but it has been changed in 3.0
 	  AR: Anuj to involve Samsung developers and security team to investigate

* IVI
  Several fixes pushed to enable launching EFL apps with pre-launch daemon
  The pre-launch daemon can launch web apps but cannot render properly (something related to SMACK label again)
	AR: Rusty to file a bug for tracking

* Build/release/tools
  Qiang had sent out detailed instructions about how to use the liverepo of Build project to debug build issues locally
  No SRs currently in the pipeline that will be reverted or rejected
	- Expect release engineer to communicate this on a daily basis

> -----Original Message-----
> From: dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org [mailto:dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org] On
> Behalf Of Liu, Bing Wei
> Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:16 PM
> To: Saxena, Sunil; '김원국' (wk94.kim at samsung.com); Lynch, Rusty
> Cc: Tizen Dev
> Subject: [Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 24)
> 
> Notes of Oct. 24
> =============
> * Attendees
>   Intel: Sunil, Rusty, Praj, Junfeng, Qiang, Chengwei, Quanxian, Bingwei
>   Samsung: Anuj, Jinkun, Jerry
> * Mobile
>   Progress
>     - failed+unresolved packages down to 10 (for both IA and ARM)
>     - OSP images can generate
>   Outstanding issues
>     1. wrt build failure was the most critical one
> 		* update - it now builds successfully after Rusty's submission while
> we are meeting
>     2. bluetooth-frwk failed to build in the Build project, gating other
> submissions
> 	    * Release engineers are investigating
>     3. sometimes packages can local-build successfully but fail to build in
> Tizen:Mobile:Build
> 	  * different qemu versions used in local build and OBS build
> environment cause inconsistence
>          - AR: Junfeng to work with BRO team on this
>       * snapshot repo only represents Tizen:Mobile status not
> Tizen:Mobile:Build
>          - suggest developers to also use the liverepo of Mobile:Build as
> local build target
>          - AR: Qiang to provide detailed instructions.
>      4. OSP image for Samsung RD-PQ device still missing some pkgs for
> booting up
>        - Samsung RE team is working on this and will keep updated
>      5. Mobile has been using a forked EFL package set which caused lots of
> issues
>        - web runtime components has some dependency on APIs which are
> not upstreamed
>        - IVI team worked around the issues by commenting out related calls
>        - should modify the commented codes to either use upstream APIs
> or try to push the APIs to upstream EFL 1.8
>        - the immediate goal is to have Mobile use the same EFL pkg set with
> IVI (1.7.7); then move to 1.8 together
>           - AR: Quanxian to work on this
> * IVI
>   cannot use pre-launcher to launch web apps
>   Rusty would like to see if Mobile image will hit the same issues once
> booting up
> * Emulator image
>   It's important for developers to debug when without mobile devices
>   Praj will enable it
> 
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org [mailto:dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org]
> > On Behalf Of Liu, Bing Wei
> > Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:42 PM
> > To: Tizen Dev
> > Subject: [Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 23)
> >
> > Notes of Oct. 23
> > =============
> > * Attendees
> >   Intel: Sunil, Rusty, Jian-feng, Qiang, Chengwei, Bingwei
> >   Samsung: Anuj
> > * Mobile
> >   Issue #1: multiple packages can local-build successfully but failed
> > to build in Tizen:Mobile:Build
> >   - poisonous packages in the Build project that affected others
> >     AR: Release engineers should triage the poison pkgs and notify
> > maintainers to fix
> >     In the future, need to define the consequence for poisonous
> packages
> >   - some developers used the incorrect snapshot for local build
> >     AR: BRO team to clarify which snapshot should developers use
> >   Open: Is it possible to make the repo of Mobile:Build accessible to
> > developers for debugging?
> >   Mobile images for Samsung RD-PQ and Intel PR3 are available for
> > functional debugging
> > 	Will start to track functional issues tomorrow
> > * IVI
> >   All pending patches for web runtime are merged and SRed.
> >   IVI:Build project configuration is different with Mobile:Build
> > (still
> > rebuilding)
> >   Rusty tried the image built locally but the web stack cannot launch
> > * Generic
> >   Different version of EFL pkgs for Mobile and IVI are causing
> > troubles (details in Rusty's email)
> >   - should consider upgrading EFL to 1.8 first (need test with IVI)
> >   - then remove the forked EFL packages under /profile/mobile/ to
> > enforce Mobile moving to the new EFL
> >   PTREL-135 documents all missing APIs in wrt (for elementary and
> > wrt-runtime)
> >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: Ding, Jian-feng
> > > Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:15 PM
> > > To: Liu, Bing Wei; Lynch, Rusty; Karur Mohan, Prajwal; Saxena,
> > > Sunil; '?????????'; Jinkun; ANUJ MISHRA; Jerry Ju; Dong, Junfeng;
> > > Ding, Jian-feng; Kanevskiy, Alexander
> > > Cc: Tizen Dev
> > > Subject: [Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 22)
> > >
> > > (Because Bingwei is in travel for training, I help him to record the
> > > minutes)
> > >
> > > Notes of 2013-10-22(Tue) meeting:
> > >
> > > * Mobile packages issues:
> > >
> > >   - Junfeng: there are still several osp-* application packages with build
> > >     failures, and she has sent out the list
> > >   - Most of them are fixed already but not submitted to OBS
> > >   - face-engine is necessary for Mobile iamge, need to include it in 3.0
> > >     branch from 2.2 branch
> > >
> > >   - Chengwei's mail to summary the pending issues for RP3 mobile
> > > image booting
> > >     Mail subject: [Dev] Tizen 3.0 mobile on PR3 bootup status update
> > > - Oct
> > > 21
> > >
> > > * IVI packages issues:
> > >
> > >   - Rusty: most of the issues are common with Mobile, which are
> > > fixed as well
> > >   - Working on the "wrt-installer + osp-installer" issue, need to
> > > several patches to
> > >     resolve it, pending on reviewing
> > >   - tricky issues of wrt-installer installation path, in debugging
> > >
> > > * BRO issues
> > >   - Rusty: why so many green (build successful status) packages in
> current
> > >     Tizen:IVI:build project?
> > >     Junfeng: because the packages are not configured as links, not
> > > related to
> > >     SR acceptance process
> > >   - Time window to accept multiple SRs which are related to each
> > > other, need
> > >     more discussion in the mail thread
> > >
> > >
> > > thanks
> > > - jf.ding
> > >
> > > On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 06:58:23AM +0000, Liu, Bing Wei wrote:
> > > Subject: [Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 18)
> > > >  1. Why the daily meeting - already elaborated in Rusty's email
> > > > below  2. Roles in the taskforce
> > > >         •       Mobile leads: Jerry Ju (Samsung), Junfeng Dong
> (Intel)
> > > >         •       IVI lead: Rusty Lynch (Intel)
> > > >         •       BRO leads: Jinkun Jang (Samsung), Praj M. Karur /
> > > Jian-feng Ding (Intel)
> > > >  3. Goals of the taskforce
> > > >         •       Mobile: basically functional images (OSP & Web apps
> > > can launch)
> > > >         •       IVI: back to normal, esp. able to run web runtime as
> > > before
> > > >  4. Standing agenda
> > > >         •       Raise blocker issues
> > > >         •       Report-out from Mobile leads / IVI lead
> > > >                 •       What have been fixed since the last
> meeting
> > > >                 •       What fixes are pending for gerrit review, or
> > > merge, or gbs submission, or OBS acceptance
> > > >                 •       What issues are still outstanding
> > > >         •       Report-out from BRO leads
> > > >                 •       Mobile/IVI image quality status
> > > >                 •       Which packages were rejected or revoked
> > and
> > > why
> > > >  5. Meeting frequency
> > > >         •       Continue to meet every day next week and change
> > the
> > > frequency based on progress
> > > >  6. Pattern issues
> > > >         •       Release engineers should not simply decline SRs
> > > because of building issues. Sometimes several SRs should be accepted
> > > together to function
> > > >         •       When forking a common package to profile specific
> > and
> > > add new APIs, other common packages should not call the new APIs
> > > only provided by the profile specific package
> > > >         •       Maintainers should review pending patches actively
> > and
> > > remember to merge and "gbs submit" because only maintainers have the
> > > access right to do so.
> > > >         •       Too many backend emails sent to maintainers,
> which
> > > overwhelm the real valuable reminder that call for maintainers'
> > > actions -- need BRO team to provide a better solution
> > > >  7. Outstanding issues
> > > >         •       Mobile
> > > >                 •       gcc change yesterday caused the build
> issues
> > > of gdb (need re-trigger gdb build)
> > > >                 •       wrt failed to build (calling for an API that
> > does
> > > not exist)
> > > >                 •       some OSP packages have build failure
> > > >  §              - Looks link build issue again that happened to other
> > > OSP packages before
> > > >                 §       - cannot be reproduced in local build
> > > >  §              - someone in Samsung fixed other OSP pkgs by
> > > modifying pkgconfig
> > > >                         - should evaluate if the solution can be
> > > > applied
> > > to the fail OSP pkgs; Junfeng to follow up
> > > >         •       IVI
> > > >                 •       wrt-installer requires for osp-installer
> > > >                 •       Rusty encountered some segfaults in the
> > > image that may hit mobile soon. Rusty will report out offline
> > > >  8. Issue tracking method
> > > >         •       Always file outstanding issues on tizen.org JIRA
> > > >         •       Content issue --> Tizen Release
> > > (https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/PTREL)
> > > >         •       Infrastructure issues --> Tizen Infrastructure
> > > (https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/TINF)
> > > >
> > > > Regards
> > > > Bingwei Liu
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > > From: Lynch, Rusty
> > > > > Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 7:58 AM
> > > > > To: Liu, Bing Wei; Karur Mohan, Prajwal; Saxena, Sunil; Michael
> > > > > Kim; jinkun.jang at samsung.com; ANUJ MISHRA; 주현구; Dong,
> > Junfeng
> > > > > Cc: Tizen Dev
> > > > > Subject: Kicking off a daily report-out meeting for shared Tizen
> > > > > 3.0 components
> > > > >
> > > > > As everyone actively working on Tizen 3.0 today should know, the
> > > > > state of shared Tizen 3.0 components is a bit of a mess today
> > > > > since the start of merging all the Tizen 3.0 code.  We will
> > > > > definitely seize this opportunity to fine tune our process to
> > > > > ensure we have smother transitions in the future, but for the
> > > > > immiedate future we need to quickly get the shared packages in a
> > functional, well known state.
> > > > >
> > > > > Agenda:
> > > > >
> > > > > * Start with a quick discussion on why we are setting up a daily
> > > > > meeting
> > > > >
> > > > > * Define roles
> > > > >   - Mobile Leads
> > > > >   - IVI Leads
> > > > >   - BRO Leads
> > > > >
> > > > > * Define what the standing agenda:
> > > > >   - All raise any blocking issues
> > > > >   - Mobile Leads should report out on...
> > > > >      * List what items where fixed since the last meeting, and
> > > > > of those what items are still:
> > > > >         - pending gerrit reviews
> > > > >         - merged but not submitted
> > > > >         - submitted but not accepted in OBS yet
> > > > >         - available in the build
> > > > >      * List the known issues being worked and potentially ask
> > > > > for help on those items
> > > > >   - IVI Leads should report out on...
> > > > >     * Follow the same reporting format as mobile, adding
> > > > > additional items not covered along with ivi specific breakage
> > > > > caused by the shared components
> > > > >   - BRO Leads should report out on...
> > > > >      * Describe the basic health of the mobile and ivi images
> > > > >          - Do we have bootable images?
> > > > >          - Do the various prelaunch daemons run?
> > > > >          - Can we launch web/osp/efl apps?
> > > > >      * Report out on what packages were rejected or revoked and
> > why
> > > > >         - Find an owner to fix the issues resulting in the
> > > > > reject/revoke
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > Dev mailing list
> > > > Dev at lists.tizen.org
> > > > https://lists.tizen.org/listinfo/dev
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Dev mailing list
> > Dev at lists.tizen.org
> > https://lists.tizen.org/listinfo/dev
> _______________________________________________
> Dev mailing list
> Dev at lists.tizen.org
> https://lists.tizen.org/listinfo/dev


More information about the Dev mailing list