[Dev] User management for multi-user systems

Karol Lewandowski k.lewandowsk at samsung.com
Fri Oct 25 14:59:18 GMT 2013

On 10/25/2013 03:47 PM, Jussi Laako wrote:
> Hi,

Hi!

> Related to our multi-user support proposal, we have now published
> sources for the the user management daemon and client library. These are
> intended for creating user management GUI where end-user admin can
> manage user accounts, groups and possible permissions. It is also used
> by the login manager for certain tasks, mostly related to guest users.
>
> The project is still work-in-progress, but we believe in releasing in
> early phase to enable discussion and open development model.

Could you please give some background information about this
project?  Namely, I wonder what is intended difference between
this project and freedesktop's AccountsService[1]?

For my untrained eye these look very similar.

  [1] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/AccountsService/

> Sources can be found here: https://github.com/01org/gumd

Thanks!

Karol Lewandowski