[Dev] Tizen 3.0 Multiuser support architecture proposition

Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Mon Oct 28 09:36:16 GMT 2013

Le 26/10/2013 07:34, 김정훈 a écrit :
> Hi Dominig,
>
> I attached the material instead of Young.
>
> Regards,
> David.

I do not think that deriving from the reliable and well accepted method
of using the $HOME is the good idea.
Getting the $HOME from the environment is easy and reliable. It has
proven its value over the years.

For me, using uid in a file path which is in a non standard location in
the Tizen base platform should be avoided for two reasons :

  1) it creates a new hardwired link between the login and the uid that
we might regret if we have to enforce Application isolation in a later
version of Tizen (4.0 ?) by the use of container.
  2) it requires two rw mounting points on the any Tizen compliant
platforms. That add complexity to the Flash organisation (in particular
on device with only one small Flash) without adding any extra value.

I would propose that for the base Tizen, we stick to the use of $HOME in
the compliance. Up to a platform manufacturer to create link (e.g. with
mount -bind) to other locations to provide backward compatibility if needed.

Dominig