[Dev] Tizen 3.0 Multiuser Support Architecture Release candidate 1

Carsten Haitzler c.haitzler at samsung.com
Wed Oct 30 03:20:11 GMT 2013

nice document dominig.

issue:

i have to say i have always had and still have MAJOR reservations on
databases being in /opt/dbspace OR even /opt/usr/dbspace.

these db's contain data that is not "system" data. it belongs to the
"user" and their applications. these db's REALLY should be in $HOME
somewhere. use smack to limit access to a specific smack label where
security requires (and/or create a daemon that adds finer grained
control to other processes as a service).

thus when you add a new user... eg on a phone, tablet, ivi system or pc
"guest mode" when you have a guest passenger or you have multiple family
members sharing access, then they have their OWN calendar, contacts etc.
etc. db's.

On 10/30/2013 05:46 AM, Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) wrote:
> Hello;
>
> please find joined to this mail an architecture proposition for adding
> Multiuser to Tizen 3.0.
> You will find that this proposition includes many of the contributions
> received on this mailing list during the past days and I want to thank
> all of you who have contributed.
> I hope that you will find that the arbitrations that I propose have
> created a viable release candidate.
>
> Thanks in advance for your feedback.

The above message is intended solely for the named addressee and may
contain trade secret, industrial technology or privileged and
confidential information otherwise protected under applicable law
including the Unfair Competition Prevention and Trade Secret Protection
Act. Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution, copying or use of the
information contained in this communication is strictly prohibited. If
by email and delete this communication immediately.