[Dev] Tizen 3.0 Multiuser Support Architecture Release candidate 1

Carsten Haitzler c.haitzler at samsung.com
Wed Oct 30 10:59:38 GMT 2013

On 10/30/2013 07:31 PM, Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) wrote:
> Le 30/10/2013 04:20, Carsten Haitzler a écrit :
>> nice document dominig.
> Thanks
>>
>> issue:
>>
>> i have to say i have always had and still have MAJOR reservations on
>> databases being in /opt/dbspace OR even /opt/usr/dbspace.
> So do I that why Iproposed in slide 15 to move all DB relative to
> users in $HOME.

oh never mind me.. i was staring at slide 16 going.. "wth/ still there?"
missing it on #15. consider this a big +1 to slide 15. :)

>> these db's contain data that is not "system" data. it belongs to the
>> "user" and their applications. these db's REALLY should be in $HOME
>> somewhere. use smack to limit access to a specific smack label where
>> security requires (and/or create a daemon that adds finer grained
>> control to other processes as a service).
> Yes, those are user related DB, slides 16 list the most important
> ones, More detailled scrubbing will be required before implementing.
>>
>> thus when you add a new user... eg on a phone, tablet, ivi system or
>> pc "guest mode" when you have a guest passenger or you have multiple
>> family members sharing access, then they have their OWN calendar,
>> contacts etc. etc. db's.
> That is more a platform issue than a generic Tizen need for me. The
> proposed model allows for a guest user to be created and to use the
> optional tlm to log identified user on the fly.
> As I propose to run only one display server per seat, sharing the
> display server would allow a smooth transition. Obvious use case is a
> Car or more TV where the gest user is a key requirement.
> It is less true for other vertical (e.g mobile).
>
> Dominig

The above message is intended solely for the named addressee and may
contain trade secret, industrial technology or privileged and
confidential information otherwise protected under applicable law
including the Unfair Competition Prevention and Trade Secret Protection
Act. Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution, copying or use of the
information contained in this communication is strictly prohibited. If
by email and delete this communication immediately.