[Dev] Tizen 3.0 Multiuser Support Architecture Release candidate 1

Łukasz Stelmach l.stelmach at samsung.com
Wed Oct 30 16:50:23 GMT 2013

It was <2013-10-30 śro 14:29>, when Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) wrote:
> Le 30/10/2013 13:54, Łukasz Stelmach a écrit :
>>
>> My question was: what else is going to run in the same session. Whech
>> may also be read as: why do we need a systemd instance just to run a
>> display server. We can start display server with the PID#1 systemd as a
>> non-root user.
>>
> I think that this level of details is for the platform creator to decide.
> The model that I presented is targeting at device that will need a set
> of base applications running at startup when no formal login as
> occurred yet.
> I have this type of example in my head, but platform creator may
> decide to simplify the start up if that type of service is not needed.
>
>  IVI :
>   Guest            : Radio, GPS, ...
>   Named user  : Phone, Apps, Address book, ...
>
>  TV :
>   Guest             : Live TV
>   Named user   : Catch up, pvr, multi-room, ...

On the page 20 of the PDF file there is a chain of processes

systemd

 +-> systemd --user    <--- why ???
 |    |
 |    +-> Display Server
 |    |
 |    +-> ....?        <--- what is going to work here?

 +-> TLM

      +-> systemd --user

      +-> systemd --user

      +-> systemd --user

I would like to know, why do we need "systemd --user" to run the Display
Server? Isn't it enough to put "User=" in the systemd service file of
the Display Server and have it running as a sibling of TLM with a
non-root uid?

--
Łukasz Stelmach