[Dev] Tizen 3.0 Multiuser Support Architecture Release candidate 1

Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Wed Oct 30 18:38:21 GMT 2013

Le 30/10/2013 17:50, Łukasz Stelmach a écrit :
> On the page 20 of the PDF file there is a chain of processes
>
> systemd
>   +-> systemd --user    <--- why ???
>   |    |
>   |    +-> Display Server
>   |    |
>   |    +-> ....?        <--- what is going to work here?
Remember that the use of TLM is optional, so creating a config without
must be possible.
As we cannot present all use cases (I actually do not even have them),
we need to be generic.
In the slide, I just want to present that you can start initial services
before the tlm is you want.
Proposing to use systemd --user is just way to make the lanch simple and
well controlled.
We could also have some other generic services which do not need to run
as root launched at that place.
A good application would be the base live TV service that need to start
quicky before than other sofisticated service is available.
>   +-> TLM
>        +-> systemd --user
>        +-> systemd --user
>        +-> systemd --user
>
> I would like to know, why do we need "systemd --user" to run the Display
> Server? Isn't it enough to put "User=" in the systemd service file of
> the Display Server and have it running as a sibling of TLM with a
> non-root uid?
We do not need it. It's simply easy to use it to sync with what ever
need to be launch with a generic user.