[Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 31)

Liu, Bing Wei bing.wei.liu at intel.com
Thu Oct 31 08:50:08 GMT 2013


Notes of Oct. 31
=============
* Attendees
  Intel: Rusty, Sunil, Junfeng, Qiang, Chengwei, Jianfeng, Bingwei, Michael F.
  Samsung: Anuj

* Mobile
  Outstanding issues
  1. PTREL-150 “A lot of packages are missing in ref image (OSP)”
    Almost all of the OSP applications were not available in the Tizen:Mobile OBS project yet, thus cannot be built into image
    Anuj said there is generic OSP app build issue related to link build; Jinkun has been working on this but he is on business trip now. 
    AR: Release Engineer will continue working on this. And the maintainers of these packages should take action of submitting them and fixing the problems.

  2. PTREL-137 “amd will crash if ecore_x_init() failed”
    Chengwei pushed a new fix by configuring the display setting in the post script section of mobile kickstarter file (https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/c/11601/)
    AR: Release Engineer need to review and submit the fix.

  3. sdbd path problem.
    It is confirmed by architecture team that "platform/core/system/sdbd" is the right one to use.. 
    AR: Junfeng should pick up the valid work from "sdk/target/sdbd" and submit to "platform/core/system/sdbd".
    AR: Michael Kim to coordinate with Samsung SDK "sdbd" maintainers to work on the correct path. 

*IVI
   Able to install web apps and launch (much better than 2 weeks ago)
   Now there are some web runtime issues (e.g. video/audio tag cause crash)
   AR: Mobile team to try install and launch web apps in the Mobile image.


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ding, Jian-feng
> Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:16 PM
> To: Saxena, Sunil; Lynch, Rusty; wk94.kim at samsung.com; Liu, Bing Wei
> Cc: Tizen Dev
> Subject: Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 29)
> 
> Notes of Oct. 29
> ================
> 
> * Attendees
>   Intel: Rusty, Praj, Junfeng, Qiang, Chengwei, Jianfeng, Sri
>   Samsung: Jinkun
> 
> * Mobile
>   Build status
>     - Still the 5 build failure packages pending
>       apps.CertificateSelector, livebox.web-provider, mobileap-agent,
> osp-appwidget-service, osp-web
> 
>   Image function status (updated by Chengwei's latest mail also)
>     - PTREL-52  Xorg can start now
>     - PTREL-136 disappear by unknown reason
>     - PTREL-137 amd crash issue
>     - PTREL-149 sdb need more work to resolve
>     - PTREL-150 lots of missing packages in current image
> 
> * IVI
>   - Can launch web apps now
>   - Unexpected files in image by unkonwn source, need more searching
>   - Tizen plugin of web runtime problem(?), will submit SR to fix it soon
> 
> * Build/release/tools
>   - No more topics today

> -----Original Message-----
> From: dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org [mailto:dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org] On
> Behalf Of Liu, Bing Wei
> Sent: Friday, October 25, 2013 1:15 PM
> To: Saxena, Sunil; '???' (wk94.kim at samsung.com); Lynch, Rusty
> Cc: Tizen Dev
> Subject: [Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 25)
> 
> Notes of Oct. 25
> =============
> * Attendees
>   Intel: Sunil, Rusty, Praj, Junfeng, Qiang, Chengwei, Bingwei
>   Samsung: Anuj
> 
> * Mobile
>   Build status
>     - good progress in the last two days; only 5 build failure packages left
> 	  apps.CertificateSelector, livebox.web-provider, mobileap-agent,
> osp-appwidget-service, osp-web
> 	  AR: maintainers need to continue working on them
>     - Issue: sdbd has a runtime dependence problem, which blocks IA image
> creation
> 	  the right git path for sdbd should be platform/core/system/sdbd, but
> two weeks ago it was overrided by sdk/target/sdbd
> 	  AR: Praj to disable the git-OBS mapping from sdk/target/sdbd to Tizen
> projects
>       AR: BRO team to review if there are other cases where 2.2 packages
> directly map to 3.0 OBS project
> 	- qemu issue for local build has a verified solution and just needs to be
> deployed (TINF-317)
>       AR: Praj to deploy and notify the mailing list
>   Image function status
> 	- PTREL-136 (blocker issue)
> 	  The content merged from tizen 2.2 assumed that the 2.2 SMACK
> domains still exist, but it has been changed in 3.0
>  	  AR: Anuj to involve Samsung developers and security team to
> investigate
> 
> * IVI
>   Several fixes pushed to enable launching EFL apps with pre-launch daemon
>   The pre-launch daemon can launch web apps but cannot render properly
> (something related to SMACK label again)
> 	AR: Rusty to file a bug for tracking
> 
> * Build/release/tools
>   Qiang had sent out detailed instructions about how to use the liverepo of
> Build project to debug build issues locally
>   No SRs currently in the pipeline that will be reverted or rejected
> 	- Expect release engineer to communicate this on a daily basis
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org [mailto:dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org]
> > On Behalf Of Liu, Bing Wei
> > Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:16 PM
> > To: Saxena, Sunil; '김원국' (wk94.kim at samsung.com); Lynch, Rusty
> > Cc: Tizen Dev
> > Subject: [Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 24)
> >
> > Notes of Oct. 24
> > =============
> > * Attendees
> >   Intel: Sunil, Rusty, Praj, Junfeng, Qiang, Chengwei, Quanxian, Bingwei
> >   Samsung: Anuj, Jinkun, Jerry
> > * Mobile
> >   Progress
> >     - failed+unresolved packages down to 10 (for both IA and ARM)
> >     - OSP images can generate
> >   Outstanding issues
> >     1. wrt build failure was the most critical one
> > 		* update - it now builds successfully after Rusty's submission while
> > we are meeting
> >     2. bluetooth-frwk failed to build in the Build project, gating
> > other submissions
> > 	    * Release engineers are investigating
> >     3. sometimes packages can local-build successfully but fail to
> > build in Tizen:Mobile:Build
> > 	  * different qemu versions used in local build and OBS build
> > environment cause inconsistence
> >          - AR: Junfeng to work with BRO team on this
> >       * snapshot repo only represents Tizen:Mobile status not
> > Tizen:Mobile:Build
> >          - suggest developers to also use the liverepo of Mobile:Build
> > as local build target
> >          - AR: Qiang to provide detailed instructions.
> >      4. OSP image for Samsung RD-PQ device still missing some pkgs for
> > booting up
> >        - Samsung RE team is working on this and will keep updated
> >      5. Mobile has been using a forked EFL package set which caused
> > lots of issues
> >        - web runtime components has some dependency on APIs which
> are
> > not upstreamed
> >        - IVI team worked around the issues by commenting out related
> calls
> >        - should modify the commented codes to either use upstream
> APIs
> > or try to push the APIs to upstream EFL 1.8
> >        - the immediate goal is to have Mobile use the same EFL pkg set
> > with IVI (1.7.7); then move to 1.8 together
> >           - AR: Quanxian to work on this
> > * IVI
> >   cannot use pre-launcher to launch web apps
> >   Rusty would like to see if Mobile image will hit the same issues
> > once booting up
> > * Emulator image
> >   It's important for developers to debug when without mobile devices
> >   Praj will enable it
> >
> >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org
> > > [mailto:dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org]
> > > On Behalf Of Liu, Bing Wei
> > > Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:42 PM
> > > To: Tizen Dev
> > > Subject: [Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 23)
> > >
> > > Notes of Oct. 23
> > > =============
> > > * Attendees
> > >   Intel: Sunil, Rusty, Jian-feng, Qiang, Chengwei, Bingwei
> > >   Samsung: Anuj
> > > * Mobile
> > >   Issue #1: multiple packages can local-build successfully but
> > > failed to build in Tizen:Mobile:Build
> > >   - poisonous packages in the Build project that affected others
> > >     AR: Release engineers should triage the poison pkgs and notify
> > > maintainers to fix
> > >     In the future, need to define the consequence for poisonous
> > packages
> > >   - some developers used the incorrect snapshot for local build
> > >     AR: BRO team to clarify which snapshot should developers use
> > >   Open: Is it possible to make the repo of Mobile:Build accessible
> > > to developers for debugging?
> > >   Mobile images for Samsung RD-PQ and Intel PR3 are available for
> > > functional debugging
> > > 	Will start to track functional issues tomorrow
> > > * IVI
> > >   All pending patches for web runtime are merged and SRed.
> > >   IVI:Build project configuration is different with Mobile:Build
> > > (still
> > > rebuilding)
> > >   Rusty tried the image built locally but the web stack cannot
> > > launch
> > > * Generic
> > >   Different version of EFL pkgs for Mobile and IVI are causing
> > > troubles (details in Rusty's email)
> > >   - should consider upgrading EFL to 1.8 first (need test with IVI)
> > >   - then remove the forked EFL packages under /profile/mobile/ to
> > > enforce Mobile moving to the new EFL
> > >   PTREL-135 documents all missing APIs in wrt (for elementary and
> > > wrt-runtime)
> > >
> > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > From: Ding, Jian-feng
> > > > Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:15 PM
> > > > To: Liu, Bing Wei; Lynch, Rusty; Karur Mohan, Prajwal; Saxena,
> > > > Sunil; '?????????'; Jinkun; ANUJ MISHRA; Jerry Ju; Dong, Junfeng;
> > > > Ding, Jian-feng; Kanevskiy, Alexander
> > > > Cc: Tizen Dev
> > > > Subject: [Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 22)
> > > >
> > > > (Because Bingwei is in travel for training, I help him to record
> > > > the
> > > > minutes)
> > > >
> > > > Notes of 2013-10-22(Tue) meeting:
> > > >
> > > > * Mobile packages issues:
> > > >
> > > >   - Junfeng: there are still several osp-* application packages with
> build
> > > >     failures, and she has sent out the list
> > > >   - Most of them are fixed already but not submitted to OBS
> > > >   - face-engine is necessary for Mobile iamge, need to include it in 3.0
> > > >     branch from 2.2 branch
> > > >
> > > >   - Chengwei's mail to summary the pending issues for RP3 mobile
> > > > image booting
> > > >     Mail subject: [Dev] Tizen 3.0 mobile on PR3 bootup status
> > > > update
> > > > - Oct
> > > > 21
> > > >
> > > > * IVI packages issues:
> > > >
> > > >   - Rusty: most of the issues are common with Mobile, which are
> > > > fixed as well
> > > >   - Working on the "wrt-installer + osp-installer" issue, need to
> > > > several patches to
> > > >     resolve it, pending on reviewing
> > > >   - tricky issues of wrt-installer installation path, in debugging
> > > >
> > > > * BRO issues
> > > >   - Rusty: why so many green (build successful status) packages in
> > current
> > > >     Tizen:IVI:build project?
> > > >     Junfeng: because the packages are not configured as links, not
> > > > related to
> > > >     SR acceptance process
> > > >   - Time window to accept multiple SRs which are related to each
> > > > other, need
> > > >     more discussion in the mail thread
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > thanks
> > > > - jf.ding
> > > >
> > > > On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 06:58:23AM +0000, Liu, Bing Wei wrote:
> > > > Subject: [Dev] Notes of 3.0 Trunk taskforce meeting (Oct. 18)
> > > > >  1. Why the daily meeting - already elaborated in Rusty's email
> > > > > below  2. Roles in the taskforce
> > > > >         ?       Mobile leads: Jerry Ju (Samsung), Junfeng Dong
> > (Intel)
> > > > >         ?       IVI lead: Rusty Lynch (Intel)
> > > > >         ?       BRO leads: Jinkun Jang (Samsung), Praj M. Karur /
> > > > Jian-feng Ding (Intel)
> > > > >  3. Goals of the taskforce
> > > > >         ?       Mobile: basically functional images (OSP & Web
> apps
> > > > can launch)
> > > > >         ?       IVI: back to normal, esp. able to run web runtime
> as
> > > > before
> > > > >  4. Standing agenda
> > > > >         ?       Raise blocker issues
> > > > >         ?       Report-out from Mobile leads / IVI lead
> > > > >                 ?       What have been fixed since the last
> > meeting
> > > > >                 ?       What fixes are pending for gerrit review,
> or
> > > > merge, or gbs submission, or OBS acceptance
> > > > >                 ?       What issues are still outstanding
> > > > >         ?       Report-out from BRO leads
> > > > >                 ?       Mobile/IVI image quality status
> > > > >                 ?       Which packages were rejected or
> revoked
> > > and
> > > > why
> > > > >  5. Meeting frequency
> > > > >         ?       Continue to meet every day next week and
> change
> > > the
> > > > frequency based on progress
> > > > >  6. Pattern issues
> > > > >         ?       Release engineers should not simply decline SRs
> > > > because of building issues. Sometimes several SRs should be
> > > > accepted together to function
> > > > >         ?       When forking a common package to profile
> specific
> > > and
> > > > add new APIs, other common packages should not call the new APIs
> > > > only provided by the profile specific package
> > > > >         ?       Maintainers should review pending patches
> actively
> > > and
> > > > remember to merge and "gbs submit" because only maintainers have
> > > > the access right to do so.
> > > > >         ?       Too many backend emails sent to maintainers,
> > which
> > > > overwhelm the real valuable reminder that call for maintainers'
> > > > actions -- need BRO team to provide a better solution
> > > > >  7. Outstanding issues
> > > > >         ?       Mobile
> > > > >                 ?       gcc change yesterday caused the build
> > issues
> > > > of gdb (need re-trigger gdb build)
> > > > >                 ?       wrt failed to build (calling for an API that
> > > does
> > > > not exist)
> > > > >                 ?       some OSP packages have build failure
> > > > >  §              - Looks link build issue again that happened to
> other
> > > > OSP packages before
> > > > >                 §       - cannot be reproduced in local build
> > > > >  §              - someone in Samsung fixed other OSP pkgs by
> > > > modifying pkgconfig
> > > > >                         - should evaluate if the solution can be
> > > > > applied
> > > > to the fail OSP pkgs; Junfeng to follow up
> > > > >         ?       IVI
> > > > >                 ?       wrt-installer requires for osp-installer
> > > > >                 ?       Rusty encountered some segfaults in the
> > > > image that may hit mobile soon. Rusty will report out offline
> > > > >  8. Issue tracking method
> > > > >         ?       Always file outstanding issues on tizen.org JIRA
> > > > >         ?       Content issue --> Tizen Release
> > > > (https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/PTREL)
> > > > >         ?       Infrastructure issues --> Tizen Infrastructure
> > > > (https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/TINF)
> > > > >
> > > > > Regards
> > > > > Bingwei Liu
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > > > From: Lynch, Rusty
> > > > > > Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 7:58 AM
> > > > > > To: Liu, Bing Wei; Karur Mohan, Prajwal; Saxena, Sunil;
> > > > > > Michael Kim; jinkun.jang at samsung.com; ANUJ MISHRA; 주현구;
> Dong,
> > > Junfeng
> > > > > > Cc: Tizen Dev
> > > > > > Subject: Kicking off a daily report-out meeting for shared
> > > > > > Tizen
> > > > > > 3.0 components
> > > > > >
> > > > > > As everyone actively working on Tizen 3.0 today should know,
> > > > > > the state of shared Tizen 3.0 components is a bit of a mess
> > > > > > today since the start of merging all the Tizen 3.0 code.  We
> > > > > > will definitely seize this opportunity to fine tune our
> > > > > > process to ensure we have smother transitions in the future,
> > > > > > but for the immiedate future we need to quickly get the shared
> > > > > > packages in a
> > > functional, well known state.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Agenda:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > * Start with a quick discussion on why we are setting up a
> > > > > > daily meeting
> > > > > >
> > > > > > * Define roles
> > > > > >   - Mobile Leads
> > > > > >   - IVI Leads
> > > > > >   - BRO Leads
> > > > > >
> > > > > > * Define what the standing agenda:
> > > > > >   - All raise any blocking issues
> > > > > >   - Mobile Leads should report out on...
> > > > > >      * List what items where fixed since the last meeting, and
> > > > > > of those what items are still:
> > > > > >         - pending gerrit reviews
> > > > > >         - merged but not submitted
> > > > > >         - submitted but not accepted in OBS yet
> > > > > >         - available in the build
> > > > > >      * List the known issues being worked and potentially ask
> > > > > > for help on those items
> > > > > >   - IVI Leads should report out on...
> > > > > >     * Follow the same reporting format as mobile, adding
> > > > > > additional items not covered along with ivi specific breakage
> > > > > > caused by the shared components
> > > > > >   - BRO Leads should report out on...
> > > > > >      * Describe the basic health of the mobile and ivi images
> > > > > >          - Do we have bootable images?
> > > > > >          - Do the various prelaunch daemons run?
> > > > > >          - Can we launch web/osp/efl apps?
> > > > > >      * Report out on what packages were rejected or revoked
> > > > > > and
> > > why
> > > > > >         - Find an owner to fix the issues resulting in the
> > > > > > reject/revoke
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > > Dev mailing list
> > > > > Dev at lists.tizen.org
> > > > > https://lists.tizen.org/listinfo/dev
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Dev mailing list
> > > Dev at lists.tizen.org
> > > https://lists.tizen.org/listinfo/dev
> > _______________________________________________
> > Dev mailing list
> > Dev at lists.tizen.org
> > https://lists.tizen.org/listinfo/dev
> _______________________________________________
> Dev mailing list
> Dev at lists.tizen.org
> https://lists.tizen.org/listinfo/dev


More information about the Dev mailing list