[Dev] Developer Certificate of Origin & Signed-off-by

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Sep 26 19:39:14 GMT 2013

As per Linux Foundation policies, all collaborative projects hosted by the
Linux Foundation require a certificate of origin, whose terms are the same for
all projects. Therefore, the same certificate of origin for the kernel applies
to Tizen.

This means all commits submitted to Gerrit must contain a Signed-off-by footer.
By signing the commit in such a way, you state that:

        Developer's Certificate of Origin 1.1

        By making a contribution to this project, I certify that:

        (a) The contribution was created in whole or in part by me and I
            have the right to submit it under the open source license
            indicated in the file; or

        (b) The contribution is based upon previous work that, to the best
            of my knowledge, is covered under an appropriate open source
            license and I have the right under that license to submit that
            work with modifications, whether created in whole or in part
            by me, under the same open source license (unless I am
            permitted to submit under a different license), as indicated
            in the file; or

        (c) The contribution was provided directly to me by some other
            person who certified (a), (b) or (c) and I have not modified
            it.

        (d) I understand and agree that this project and the contribution
            are public and that a record of the contribution (including all
            personal information I submit with it, including my sign-off) is
            maintained indefinitely and may be redistributed consistent with
            this project or the open source license(s) involved.