[Dev] Smack questions

Rees, Kevron kevron.m.rees at intel.com
Thu Sep 26 22:33:36 GMT 2013

What is the difference, if any of protecting a DBus object via DBus
policy[1] rather than in a SMACK manifest[2]?

[1]

<policy smack="AMB::machinegun" >

  <allow send_destination="org.automotive.message.broker"

      send_interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties"

      send_path="/org/automotive/uncategorized/MachineGunTurretStatus"

      send_member="Set" />
</policy>

[2]
<assign>
    <dbus name="org.automotive.message.broker" own="AMB" bus="system">
      <node name="/org/automotive/uncategorized/MachineGunTurretStatus">
        <interface name="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties">
          <method name="Set" >
            <annotation name="com.tizen.smack" value="AMB::machinegun" />
          </method>
        </interface>
      </node>
    </dbus>