[Dev] Developer Certificate of Origin & Signed-off-by

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Fri Sep 27 08:18:16 GMT 2013

On Thu, 2013-09-26 at 12:39 -0700, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> As per Linux Foundation policies, all collaborative projects hosted by the
> Linux Foundation require a certificate of origin, whose terms are the same for
> all projects. Therefore, the same certificate of origin for the kernel applies
> to Tizen.
>
> This means all commits submitted to Gerrit must contain a Signed-off-by footer.

How does that affect repos which clone an upstream repo into their
"upstream" branch and then push that + packaging + local patches into
the "tizen" branch?

The local patches and packaging commits of course can and must have the
Signed-off-by footer, but the upstream commits they are based on may or
may not have such a footer. Is it still allowed to commit those commits
to the "tizen" branch?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.