[Dev] Is there a choosen way of logging events from native or system services in Tizen?

Ylinen, Mikko mikko.ylinen at intel.com
Wed Apr 2 07:41:28 GMT 2014

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Roman Kubiak <r.kubiak at samsung.com> wrote:

> Well if we turn them off (systemctl disable/stop) then all logs go to the
> journal (this is the behaviour we want anyway, i just checked this on the
> M0 target if dlog is not running and the magic /home/developer/.platforminfologgingmode
> file exists all logs go to the journal ). So it could be a good thing to
> remove dlog services and force all logs to go to the systemd journal.

Getting rid of dlogutil daemon is different from getting rig of libdlog.
There are 200+ binary RPMs that depend on libdlog.

However, it is possible to configure libdlog output to systemd journal and
avoid the need for dlogutil daemon.
Tizen IVI has that config by default.

btw, which version of dlog you actually have?

platform/core/system/dlog.git only checks for (i.e., not /home/developer/.
platforminfologgingmode):

#define PLATFORMLOG_CONF "/tmp/.platformlog.conf"
#define PLATFORMLOG_ORG_CONF "/opt/etc/platformlog.conf"

and disables libdlog to journal by default.

-- Mikko