[Dev] Is there a choosen way of logging events from native or system services in Tizen?

Roman Kubiak r.kubiak at samsung.com
Wed Apr 2 08:22:40 GMT 2014

I'm not proposing to remove anything, justo to disable the running dlog
services. I understand that the library is needed. I'm using the latest
snapshot image for the M0 target (rd-pq) built using MIC.

As for the "config" files:
/opt/etc/platformlog.conf is used
/home/developer/.platforminfologgingmode is used too
(i don't know how they are used, i'm just saying let's add them to the
SPEC and remove the .service files from systemd, leave all other
components as they were, nothing will be broken and we get 2 less
processes running as root)

extract from dlogctrl
--- cut here
f [ "$MODE" = "set" ]; then
     if [ "$OBJ" = "platformlog" ] && [ "$VAL" = "1" ] ; then
         echo 1 > /opt/etc/platformlog.conf 2>/dev/null
         touch /home/developer/.platforminfologgingmode 2>/dev/null
     elif [ "$OBJ" = "platformlog" ] && [ "$VAL" = "0" ] ; then
         echo 0 > /opt/etc/platformlog.conf 2>/dev/null
         rm /home/developer/.platforminfologgingmode 2>/dev/null
     fi
     echo "You must reboot this target to apply the change!"
else
     if [ "$OBJ" = "platformlog" ]; then
         cat /opt/etc/platformlog.conf 2>/dev/null
     fi
fi
--- cut here

--