[Dev] Help - Build tizen generic image

Zhang, Qiang Z qiang.z.zhang at intel.com
Wed Apr 2 14:25:40 GMT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org [mailto:dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org] On Behalf Of Stéphane Desneux
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 6:39 PM
To: dev at lists.tizen.org
Subject: Re: [Dev] Help - Build tizen generic image

Hi Suresh,

>From the command you pasted in your message, I see that:
- you clone Tizen:Generic (repo init ... -m generic.xml)
- but your GBS conf points to Tizen:Mobile snapshots

[Qiang] run 'gbs build' under the dir, where you run repo sync, ~/.gbs.conf will not be used, instead,  .gbs.conf under that source dir will be used.
[Qiang] So you don't need touch ~/.gbs.conf, just care about tizen-source-dir/.gbs.conf, which is created by 'repo sync' command

This will probably fail at build time.

Another point: the manifest files in scm/manifest are not up to date. I think that after "repo init", you'll have to replace the generic.xml file with a manifest coming from snapshots, for example:
http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/generic/generic-wayland-x86_64/tizen_20140331.9/builddata/manifest/tizen_20140331.9_x86_64.xml

[Qiang] Right.  We have implemented a new solution to make sure manifest can also point to the latest code with snapshot repo, tizen ivi is done, but tizen generic has not been ready, expect can be finished this week.

And finally, AFAIK, you're supposed to run "gbs build" in the same directory as "repo sync".

[Qiang] Right.
--
Stéphane Desneux
Intel OTC - Vannes/FR