[Dev] Help - Build tizen generic image

Zhang, Qiang Z qiang.z.zhang at intel.com
Thu Apr 3 00:38:48 GMT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Suresh Kanzariya [mailto:skanzariya at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2014 1:18 AM
To: Zhang, Qiang Z
Cc: Ding, Jian-feng; Stéphane Desneux; dev at lists.tizen.org
Subject: Re: [Dev] Help - Build tizen generic image

Hi,

As per Stephane told after repo init, I copied snapshot manifest file into generic/project.xml and started 'repo sync' again. I am also reading the document and it is now clear from where to apply 'gbs build' command to create image and which gbs.conf file will be used.
[Qiang] Yes, you need copy manifest.xml from snapshot repo now. As I said This extra work will not needed after we finish enable accepted/tizen_generic branch for all projects. This work expect can be finished this week.

I am now reading the document
https://source.tizen.org/documentation/developer-guide/cloning-tizen-source
which mentioned repo of a release branch which is I think outdated as per https://lists.tizen.org/pipermail/dev/2014-March/002210.html. If so please update the document with latest snapshot so that there won't be any problem for a newbie like me to getinto Tizen development.

[Qiang] Do you mean the choice if remote repo? I have reviewed our document and I found tizen generic remote repos have not been referred. It will be added in hours.

I will post updates.

Thanks.
Suresh