[Dev] Last call for maintainer before force "Accept" "Submit" (slow progress)

Zofia Abramowska z.abramowska at samsung.com
Thu Apr 3 17:53:04 GMT 2014

I am aware it's not a temporary thing. I'm only suggesting, that in some
specific cases removing from maintainers after 2 week silence might be
unfair.

> so if someone happened to go on holiday for 2 weeks,
> then they can catch up when they come back.

Yes, exactly. But if they will miss this ping mail your solution proposes
removing them from maintainers. How are they suppose to catch on then? (Of
course they can ask for these rights again, but I'd like to avoid something
like this).

> that is not the case here.
> when it's your job to respond to review requests in a timely fashion,
> then you certainly respond within 2 weeks or ensure someone is
> responding for you if you will be away for an extended time (and very
> few people will be, as most people involved in review here are in
> countries where you can barely even take 2 weeks off in an entire
> year).

I don't want to discuss countries, etc. Someone can be as well absent
because of health problems for few months.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand it's a big and frustrating problem.

I totally agree the enforcement of subscription to this mailing list for all
developers (or at least maintainers/integrators). I'm just trying to suggest
being more careful in shaming anyone.