[Dev] [Gerrit-status] To-merge:18 To-review:137 To-verify:41 To-review-and-verify:272 Invalid:26 Total:494

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Fri Apr 4 19:26:12 GMT 2014

On Fri, 2014-04-04 at 20:31 +0200, Stéphane Desneux wrote:
> Casey,
>
> IMO, the most important information is in the title:
> - To-merge:18
> - To-review:137
> - To-verify:41
> - To-review-and-verify:*272*
> - Invalid:26
> - Total:494
>
> Maybe you'd prefer to see those stats inside the email body ?
>
> In those stats, 272 is the number to check very carefully, and we all agree on
> the problem.
>
> That's why I think those stats are useful: they should induce some reaction from
> maintainers.

But the mail is not addressed to maintainers.

Let me phrase the problem differently: whom do you expect to act on the
email reminder?

It's not realistic to expect that all developers on this list open the
attached Excel sheet just to check whether there is anything that they
need to work on.

> And if nothing happens, they also confirm that a lot of people are
> not reachable anymore and shouldn't be referenced as maintainers.

That assumes that these maintainers actually read the email, which they
probably don't even if they are active otherwise.

> BTW, I don't feel like being on the Titanic. And on Tizen boat, the positions of
> the deckchairs *should* be checked. :-)

Yes, someone should check. Do we know who that person is, and does he or
she read all of these email status emails?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.