[Dev] [Gerrit-status] To-merge:18 To-review:137 To-verify:41 To-review-and-verify:272 Invalid:26 Total:494

Kévin THIERRY kevin.thierry at open.eurogiciel.org
Mon Apr 7 07:34:29 GMT 2014

Hi all,

On 04/04/2014 09:26 PM, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-04-04 at 20:31 +0200, Stéphane Desneux wrote:
>> Casey,
>>
>> IMO, the most important information is in the title:
>> - To-merge:18
>> - To-review:137
>> - To-verify:41
>> - To-review-and-verify:*272*
>> - Invalid:26
>> - Total:494
>>
>> Maybe you'd prefer to see those stats inside the email body ?
>>
>> In those stats, 272 is the number to check very carefully, and we all agree on
>> the problem.
>>
>> That's why I think those stats are useful: they should induce some reaction from
>> maintainers.
> But the mail is not addressed to maintainers.
Is there a "maintainers" mailing list ? How can I send this mail
directly to *all* the maintainers ?

> Let me phrase the problem differently: whom do you expect to act on the
> email reminder?
Maintainers. And the people who are responsible for the maintainers list.

> It's not realistic to expect that all developers on this list open the
> attached Excel sheet just to check whether there is anything that they
> need to work on.
The attached csv file is not there to be read by everybody, it's just
the data that lead to the numbers. I just give it as information. If
someone wants to check whether he has pending reviews, he can do that
directly on Gerrit.
>> And if nothing happens, they also confirm that a lot of people are
>> not reachable anymore and shouldn't be referenced as maintainers.
> That assumes that these maintainers actually read the email, which they
> probably don't even if they are active otherwise.
>
>> BTW, I don't feel like being on the Titanic. And on Tizen boat, the positions of
>> the deckchairs *should* be checked. :-)
> Yes, someone should check. Do we know who that person is, and does he or
> she read all of these email status emails?

The idea of this weekly mail is, as explained by Stephane, to remind
concerned people of the pending reviews and show where bottlenecks are.
It also shows the health of the review process and its evolution over
time. When we will have more data sets, graphs could be sent instead of
raw data...

@Casey: I'll add the owners of the reviews in the next file but IMHO it
is not that relevant, it would be more interesting to get the
maintainers but I'm not sure it is even possible to easily get such an
information.

Best regards,
Kevin THIERRY