[Dev] Crosswalk Vs WRT performance

Nicolas Zingilé nicolas.zingile at open.eurogiciel.org
Mon Apr 7 10:51:26 GMT 2014

Dominig,

CPU loads results have been computed using the top command. So, load
results exceed 100 % because we're on a multicore architecture (2 cores,
4 threads, maximum is 400%).

There's also some test environment that I didn't mention. CPU load is
higher on Crosswalk because frame rate is more important :

- For FishIETank  test (500 fishes) :
     . wrt                : 45 Fps
     . crosswalk     : 51 Fps (+13 % Fps)

- For Google aquarium test (500 fishes) :
     . wrt                : 37 Fps
     . crosswalk    :  48 Fps (+30 % Fps)

Window size of xwalk browser is also larger : 830 x 571 (wrt MiniBrowser
: 800x547)
Crosswalk renderer performs more operations, even if it uses more CPU.

So, CPU loads are better highlighted with this additional data. What is
certain is that  Crosswalk can easily take advantage of multithreading.

Regards,