[Dev] Issues in Image creation for i585 for Tizen 2.2.1

Chen, Gui gui.chen at intel.com
Tue Apr 8 09:37:07 GMT 2014

Please refer to the special ks file for emulator, I think your ks file might be missing some required groups like @emul and some post scripts.

From: dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org [mailto:dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org] On Behalf Of Vivek Chandra
Sent: Tuesday, April 8, 2014 5:04 PM
To: dev at lists.tizen.org
Subject: [Dev] Issues in Image creation for i585 for Tizen 2.2.1

Hello,
I've compiled Tizen 2.2.1 source code for Tizen Mobile, i586 architecture. The build was successful and I created an image using handset-blackbay.ks file for emulator.

After creation of the image I converted the raw platform.img file to QCOW file using following command
qemu-img convert -O qcow2 platform.img platform.x86.
The image is getting converted to qcow2 format successfully, but when I create an emulator with this qcow2 image the emulator stops at the boot screen, popping message "Booting the kernel" and doesn't proceed any further. I'm even unable to connect to the shell of the emulator using sdb.

I wanted to know where I'm making mistake, whether the procedure followed by me is correct or not for emulator image conversion to qcow2??

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek.