[Dev] Issues in Image creation for i585 for Tizen 2.2.1

Kanevskiy, Alexander alexander.kanevskiy at intel.com
Tue Apr 8 09:40:59 GMT 2014

On 08/04/14 12:03 , "Vivek Chandra" <vivekamancha at gmail.com<mailto:vivekamancha at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hello,

I've compiled Tizen 2.2.1 source code for Tizen Mobile, i586 architecture. The build was successful and I created an image using handset-blackbay.ks file for emulator.

After creation of the image I converted the raw platform.img file to QCOW file using following command

qemu-img convert -O qcow2 platform.img platform.x86.

The image is getting converted to qcow2 format successfully, but when I create an emulator with this qcow2 image the emulator stops at the boot screen, popping message "Booting the kernel" and doesn't proceed any further. I'm even unable to connect to the shell of the emulator using sdb.

which kernel you’re using ? some of existing kernels present in Tizen mobile most probably are not properly configured for x86 emulator.

I wanted to know where I'm making mistake, whether the procedure followed by me is correct or not for emulator image conversion to qcow2??

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek.

--
Best regards, Alexander Kanevskiy.