[Dev] Cynara

Carsten Haitzler c.haitzler at samsung.com
Thu Apr 10 09:21:44 GMT 2014

On 04/10/2014 06:05 PM, Patrick Ohly wrote:

>>> Which Tizen profile do you refer to here?
>>>
>>> In Tizen IVI there are several user processes which do not get spawned by
>>> the launcher and thus have access to more data than they really need.
>>
>> Those are mostly services (weston, murphyd) and basic
>> UI applications (weekeyboard). Everything on Tizen (true
>> for Android, too BTW) has access to more data than it needs.
>> The question is whether it has access to data that matters.
>> Who cares if it can read /etc/tizen-release?
>
> I guess it depends on the data and the goals. I'd certainly would be
> more comfortable with a Tizen device where Weston, murphyd and
> weekeyboard can't read or (worse) write my PIM data.

weston (or the display server) can just remote control your pim app,
monitor all keyboard input for passwords and more and just control the
app to export the data one way or another. it has to be assumed that
something like a displayserver etc. is already priveleged as everything
you see and all you input goes through it.

--
The above message is intended solely for the named addressee and may
contain trade secret, industrial technology or privileged and