[Dev] Cynara + multi-user + HOME

Carsten Haitzler c.haitzler at samsung.com
Tue Apr 15 08:02:59 GMT 2014

On 04/15/2014 04:37 PM, Patrick Ohly wrote:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> I think I already understood that part.
>>>
>>> But my question was about normal services, running in the user domain.
>>> According to the three domain model Wiki page, "system domain is
>>> comprised of the basic system services" and "user domain is comprised of
>>> the services that interact directly with the person using the Tizen
>>> system and the data those services".
>>
>> Most services won't be in the User domain, they will be in the
>> System domain. Things like the display service are in the User
>> domain because they pretty much have to be.
>
> The Wiki pays says that weston-launch "and the programs it invokes" are
> in the user domain. Does that not include the D-Bus user session, all
> daemons auto-started via that or the systemd user session, and the
> actual apps?
>
> A quick check (Tizen IVI image, "ps -Z") confirms that the traditional
> user session, including the launchpad_preloading_preinitializing_daemon,
> indeed uses the "User" label.
>
> Are you saying that this will have to change?

i would not expect weston (or x11 wm/compositor etc.) to be in a special
domain. they are regular user apps - they provide a PUBLIC service for
all apps - the ability to display and get input. i wouldnt expect either
of these to use cyanara at all as they are not trying to limit access to
the service they provide (except to only the USER ID who owns that
display server or wm instance - and standard user permissioning handles
that)

--
The above message is intended solely for the named addressee and may
contain trade secret, industrial technology or privileged and