[Dev] Should I use Release or Snapshots branch?

Suresh Kanzariya skanzariya at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 17:08:49 GMT 2014

Hello All,

When we are looking at download.tizen.org, we see two branch,
1. release
2. snapshots

Now in order to build tizen image, which branch I should consider, as
tutorial says about release branch where as updated code found in
snapshots branch only. So what is the difference between two?

I have successfully  build the tizen generic image from snapshots
branch, the command was run successfully and one .raw.bz2 file was
generated, but have little confusion so wants to make it clear.

Also what is the difference between generic and emulator branch? As I
have build generic image, so can i run it using qemu?

Thank you.

-skanzariya