[Dev] How to share files with Cynara

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Tue Apr 29 12:12:22 GMT 2014

On 22.4.2014 19:26, Schaufler, Casey wrote:
> We have more than one sort of sharing to address:
> 	1. Removable media
> 	2. Shared by everyone always
> 	3. Shared among all "privileged" applications
> 	4. Shared among a specific set of applications

+ Files or data shared between all (concurrent or not) users
+ Files or data shared between group of users

So we need at leas one overall "Public" folder in the system. You could
create a group called "Family" with gumd and assign family members to it
and then share for example family vacation photos in that folder.

This is why I'm advocating "group home" folders, for example
/home/groups/Family with root:Family 770 permissions.