[Dev] GBS performance on multi user environment.

Łukasz Stelmach l.stelmach at samsung.com
Wed Apr 30 15:12:58 GMT 2014

It was <2014-04-28 pon 11:27>, when DongHyuk Yang wrote:
> Hello.
>
> (On ubuntu,) If multi user locally build projects using GBS at same
> time, is there slow down the performance of GBS ?

Ther should be no significant effect beyond what is caused by running
several "native" build processes.

GBS is a set of scripts that tie the build process together. At the very
bottom there are instances of make and gcc running. GBS chroot
environment contains native intel binaries for some developer tools like
gcc, make and some others in  /emul directory of the chroot. Everytime
ARM binary (e.g. /usr/bin/gcc) is launched, qemu checks for respective
native version (/emul/i586-for-arm/usr/bin/gcc in our case) and runs it
instead of ARM binary. Some software though is not available in such
"accelerated" form, notably perl, which may make things slower.

--
Łukasz Stelmach