[Dev] Common/X11 schedule

Gwanglim Lee gl77.lee at samsung.com
Fri Aug 1 13:23:16 GMT 2014

Hi Stephane,

As Carsten mentioned to you already, I think also, the latest version of enlightenment 0.19-alpha1 is better for Tizen:Common arm/x11 and x86_64/x11, if EFL in Tizen:Common can support the latest enlightenment. But at this moment, it seems impossible because EFL version is old. Anyway newer version of enlightenment is better for supporting wayland later.

And e17 will go to the tizen mobile x11 as a x composite window manager after merging Tizen:Common arm/x11. Because the latest version of enlightenment needs to do re-design of a lot of mobile features. Instead, it would be better to try to contribute that kind of features to upstream enlightenment after removing x dependency and also generalization.

BR,
Gwanglim