[Dev] D-Bus + Cynara

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Fri Aug 1 19:00:05 GMT 2014

On Fri, 2014-08-01 at 17:40 +0200, Jacek Bukarewicz wrote:
> I'm thinking of starting work on patching dbus daemon. Initially just to
> probe potential issues we can get into.

I already started with that on Wednesday. I wanted to get my thoughts
into more tangible form and didn't want to wait longer because I will be
away for the next two weeks. Feel free to continue. I might answer
emails occasionally.

Like you, I used that as an opportunity to look for unexpected corner
cases. I intentionally did not squash commits to illustrate TODOs and
the iterations of the code.

Right now, the implementation is good enough to apply a runtime check to
a method call. This works in a unit test, but not in the real
dbus-daemon, because there is no code yet which really calls Cynara. For
details, see the updated sandbox/pohly/tizen branch (pushed a few
minutes ago).

I left some notes about how asynchronous Cynara calls might be
integrated into dbus-daemon in the new bus/check.c file.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.