[Dev] Common/X11 schedule

Stéphane Desneux stephane.desneux at open.eurogiciel.org
Fri Aug 1 23:51:07 GMT 2014

Boram Park wrote:

> On 07/31/2014 11:10 PM, Stéphane Desneux wrote:
>> BTW, we made some changes on xorg-server (tizen branch) to add
>> conditional flags for mesa and or intel architectures. These must be
>> included in the new 1.16 spec file of xorg-server because we'll need to
>> build of intel arches too. Can you please review
>> - https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/c/25223
>> - https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/c/25224 (which depends on the
>> previous one)
> I reviewed above two patches and submitted them.
> And today I pushed all our works to tizen branch. xorg-server is now 1.16.

Got it.

>> I'll take a look at desktop-skin.
> Our SCM guy said that the error related with qemu was caused by ia32-x11 repo
> things.
> He modified something for devel:x11:common. Then desktop-skin error disapeared.

Good ! What was the change on devel:x11:common ? It could be useful to copy the
change to main project: the devel:x11:common project config should be exactly
aligned on Tizen:Common. If some change has been done to fix things, we must know.

> And also zypper issues were also solved by rebuilding.
> Only image-configurations and wayland-fits error remain.

image-configuration was fixed by Jian-feng Ding and today I've submitted the
changes on wayland-fits. No more error should occur.

> We are going to create a arm-x11 binary image locally and test it next week.

If there are some specific fixes to introduce in ks files, please report.

I'm currently working on platform/upstream/generic (tizen branch) and
profile/meta/common (sandbox/sdx/devel) to define:
- inheritable package groups (patterns) and ks scripts defined in meta-generic
(95% done)
- adjust all the images produced for all repos of Tizen:Common (+specific
patterns + specific postscripts) in profile/meta/common.
- fix image-configurations and package-groups to provide the expected results

See https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/PTREL-807 for background info and the
reason of the split between platform/upstream/meta-generic and profile/common/meta.

> I'll let you know the test result after that.
Thanks !

On my side, I've no more errors, even with specific intel drivers
(xf86-video-intel, libva-intel-driver) I'll try to make another diff on Monday
and report. We can also expect some working image on our side soon.

BR
--
Stéphane Desneux
Intel OTC - Vannes/FR