[Dev] New CAPI Proposal for ConnMan based WiFi P2P Solution

Łukasz Stelmach l.stelmach at samsung.com
Mon Aug 4 15:32:25 GMT 2014

It was <2014-07-22 wto 09:48>, when Tomasz Bursztyka wrote:
> Hi Zhengguang,

>>> in the first phase, or even in future by your design?
>>>
>>> I don't see why it would support it at any time.
>>>
>> OK, here we wonder how will ConnMan handle an incoming WPS PIN request?
>
> That's not how WPS works: device A, when connecting to a WPS enabled
> device B, has to follow the WPS support exposed by B. If not, it will
> just fail. A knows about which WPS method B supports, when it scans.
> So in this case, ConnMan will only expose WPS PBC, thus any other
> device that wants to connect to it will have to follow WPS PBC.

For the sake of accuracy let me refer to some sources[1][2] which clearly
state that PIN method is mandatory and must be implemented.

Besides there is (going to be?) yet another method: NFC tap-to-connect[3].

[1] http://www.wi-fi.org/knowledge-center/articles/wi-fi-protected-setup%E2%84%A2-0 (needs credentials)
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi_Protected_Setup
[3] https://www.wi-fi.org/news-events/newsroom/wi-fi-certified-wi-fi-protected-setup-adds-nfc-tap-to-connect-for-simple-set
--