[Dev] "app" user and group

Michal Witanowski m.witanowski at samsung.local
Wed Aug 6 13:08:18 GMT 2014

Hi all,

Some time ago "app" user and group have been removed from the platform
(https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/c/21270/). However, the old GID (5000) is
still used. For example, vconf key "/var/run/memory/sysman/power_off" is
owned by "app" user with GID = 5000. Hence, here comes few questions:

1.       Where "app" user is being created? The mentioned commit description
says "The users are created by ks file", but I couldn't find it in the ks.

2.       Shouldn't be the "app" group also created?

3.       I would like to write to "power_off" file as non-root (it has 0664
privileges). Should I assume the supplementary group with ID 5000 is valid
one?

And one more thing: I heard something that buxton will replace vconf. Is
that true? When can it happen?

Best regards,

Michal