[Dev] Tizen RPM macros now defines %suse_version : good or not ?

Chanho Park chanho61.park at samsung.com
Thu Aug 7 11:05:01 GMT 2014

Hi Stephane,

We didn't catch there is some packages to build by openSUSE.

> - a package is specific to Tizen but the spec file was initially copied
> from openSUSE (and may contain some tests on %suse_version which should
> be removed).
>
> From what Yury told me, the base reason to add %suse_version was:
> "%suse_version macro is checked by 'build' script and enables cumulate
> install. It is believed to be a bit faster and reduces number of errors
> with msm.so." So it was added for good reasons. But maybe it's not the
> proper way to fix the base problem.
>

> So my final question is simple: is it desirable to define %suse_version
> into Tizen ?
>

> IMO, the answer should be *no* and we should rollback to the previous
> state for all impacted packages (rpm, icecream, mic, kickstarter,
> python-yaml, ...). But this also means that the special ops done by
> 'build' when it detects the %suse_version macro should be done also when
> %tizen_version is defined. Is it something that the Tools team can
> investigate ?

I've made a patch to fix this problem. Instead of defining the suse_version,
I set the DO_CUMULATIVE varables always TRUE because we'll always use newer
suse version than 1220.
If the patch can resolve the issue, I'll revert all of my patches.

https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/c/25635/

Best Regards,
Chanho Park