[Dev] git tag -> OBS submit requests mapping

Bartosh, Eduard eduard.bartosh at intel.com
Mon Aug 11 11:39:23 GMT 2014

Hi Jacek,

You’re absolutely right. Git tags are mapped to target obs projects with git-obs-mapping.

However, you as a developer should not care about that as far as I know. In most cases it should be enough to follow this guide: https://source.tizen.org/documentation/developer-guide/getting-started-guide/contributing-code-tizen#package-submission-and-review-on-the-build-system
git-obs-mapping is configured by architects and release engineers to make developer’s life easy. You just need to use gbs submit. In most cases it should work.

There is much more complexity in release process you might not want to know about, but I’d be happy to give you more details if you want to know them. Feel free to ask questions.

Regards,
Ed