[Dev] git tag -> OBS submit requests mapping

Bartosh, Eduard eduard.bartosh at intel.com
Mon Aug 11 15:08:03 GMT 2014

Looks like I need to explain a bit more about the workflow.

First thing you need to know is that workflow has been changed in February-March in a way that every submission is now built in isolated OBS project. All those projects are on home:prerelease: namespace in OBS. Each of them represent one submission. Images are also built for those projects, so release engineer (and developer too, btw) can see if submission builds OK. For IVI we also have automatic testing of every submission.
For example, this is how submission queue looks like for IVI RE now:
$ repa list
submit/tizen/20140801.113059          ready                    tlm
submit/tizen/20140801.123902          ready                    tlm
submit/tizen/20140801.134500          ready                    cynara
submit/tizen/20140801.185919          ready                    smack
submit/tizen/20140804.084221          ready                    weston
submit/tizen/20140804.084452          ready                    ivi-sanity-suite
submit/tizen/20140804.095639          ready                    efl
submit/tizen/20140804.134115          ready                    tlm
submit/tizen/20140804.160000          ready                    gstreamer-vaapi,qt-tizen,libva-intel-driver,libva
submit/tizen/20140804.171804          ready                    nspr
submit/tizen/20140804.174021          ready                    nss
submit/tizen/20140805.025917          ready                    e2fsprogs
submit/tizen/20140805.063507          ready                    e2fsprogs
submit/tizen/20140805.152104          ready                    u-boot
submit/tizen/20140806.111926          ready                    icecream
submit/tizen/20140806.115507          ready                    mic
submit/tizen/20140806.121720          ready                    kickstarter
submit/tizen/20140806.125426          ready                    gumd
submit/tizen/20140807.020216          ready                    u-boot
submit/tizen/20140807.060945          ready                    connman
submit/tizen/20140807.091345          ready                    cynara
submit/tizen/20140807.133029          ready                    kickstarter,icecream,rpm,build,mic,zypper,python-pygments
submit/tizen/20140808.084959          ready                    efl
submit/tizen/20140808.122026          ready                    gumd
submit/tizen/20140808.212249          ready                    csf-framework
submit/tizen/20140808.212639          ready                    csf-framework
submit/tizen/20140811.130226          unresolvable packages    weston-common
submit/tizen/20140811.130757          ready                    u-boot
submit/tizen/20140811.133500          ready                    testkit-lite
submit/tizen/20140811.133542          ready                    common-suite-launcher
submit/tizen_ivi/20140811.130836      ready                    common-api-runtime

As you can see most of submission are in a good shape. ‘ready’ status means that submission doesn’t have regressions in package and image building. However, this is not enough to accept submission to IVI or another profile. Another criteria is that submission must be accepted and released in Tizen Common project first.
So, as IVI RE I can accept only tizen_ivi submissions if they don’t introduce regressions. tizen submissions have to be tested and released by Tizen Common before I can accept them.

BTW, I’ve accepted gmock submission submit/tizen_ivi/20140811.050019  today. Submitter should get an email about that.
Here is the SR, btw: https://build.tizen.org/request/show/27536. However, SR is created only when submission is rejected or accepted by RE.
You can see your package in the latest ivi snapshot here: https://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/ivi/latest/

Regards,
Ed