[Dev] processes running as root

Schaufler, Casey casey.schaufler at intel.com
Mon Aug 11 15:39:52 GMT 2014

Some system processes provide services that require privilege.
These are security enforcing components of the system. In order
to perform their roles these services must run with privilege.
Reducing the number of programs that require privilege and
the amount of privilege each requires is an ongoing effort.

> Are my notes from the workshop valid or is it actually true that some
> processes are run as root?

Yes Valentina, there is a root. There are processes that run as root.
They are important parts of the Tizen security enforcement.