[Dev] Disabled Mouse Cursor in Tizen 2.2

GyeongHwan Hong redcarrottt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 04:51:03 GMT 2014

Hello.

I am porting Tizen 2.2 on my ODROID-U3 board.
I built source of all the packages in Tizen 2.2, made a image by MIC and
flashed on the device.
As almost porting, I can see GUI of Tizen such as lock screen, launchpad
and some basic apps.

When I plug a mouse to USB port of the board, however, any mouse cursor is
not shown on the screen, but I can click some button an app icon or make a
drag on the lock screen.

I checked that Xinput identified my mouse by xinput command.
I also set Xcursor themes on /usr/share/icons/ and configuration file on
/etc/X11/Xresources.

I am guessing the reason is that Xorg or Enlightment is modified to
interrupt behavior about mouse cursor, for touch screen devices.
I heard that there was a patch on xorg in Tizen 2.1 as below URL. (In Tizen
2.2, this patch is integrated into
framework/uifw/xorg/server/xorg-server/mi/misprite.c)
This patch seems to disable a behavior drawing SW cursor.

https://build.tizen.org/package/view_file?file=0012-Add-a-feature-not-to-draw-sw-cursor.patch&package=xorg-server&project=Tizen%3AGeneric&rev=9506db4c8b3e9136288cbfb7fcce158b

I removed it off and put a rebuilt xorg-server package into the device,
but mouse cursor still does not appear.

How can mouse cursor be shown?
Is there other code disabling mouse cursor?

Thanks,
Gyeonghwan Hong.

--
Gyeonghwan Hong (RedCarrottt)