[Dev] arm-wayland image and boot image

Chanho Park chanho61.park at samsung.com
Tue Aug 12 06:03:23 GMT 2014

Hi all,

We want to generate arm-wayland image from server.
I could make the image for odroid-u3 following the guide[1] (Thx Rkubiak).
To make the image properly, we should exclude some multimedia package from yaml file.[2]
Stephane said "This will be changed with the upcoming version of common/meta. In fact it's even already prepared in platform/upstream/meta-generic".
When do we see the updated common/meta? And who can make the arm-wayland image?

In contrast with x86, we have a boot image which includes kernel/bootloader/kernel modules separately.
We'll keep the structure in tizen3.0 because we don't have any installer.
And the boot partition can be easily recovered when it was crashed.

I could make the boot image in my local pc using attached odroid_boot.ks.
It'll also need a odroid kernel image and a patterns file.

Can anyone make the boot image for  odroid-u3 and arm-common image?

[1]: https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/ARM
[2]: https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/c/25497/